I haven?t even got a BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash34

Reaction score
Hi all

I?m thinking of buying an S1000RR for racing next year so sorry if I ask lots of stupid questions.

Oh I forgot to mention...

I?m not completely new to BMW though. In 2013 I had a HP4 Carbon for the road but didn?t use it enough to really appreciate it. Before that I had a GS for 4 years and rode it all over Europe, I called it my 2 wheeled Range Rover :biggrin-new:

Welcome to the forum Ash!

What race series are you thinking of entering?

An RR would make an ideal platform for a race bike, we have a number of racers and many track day enthusiasts on here. What Gen RR are you considering?

An HP4 Carbon and GS are both extremely accomplished motorcycles, the forum certainly has a soft spot for GS?s [emoji2957]
What was your favourite experience onboard your GS?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji4]

- Oli

Hi Oli

I already race in the Superbike Championship here in Hungary (I’m British but I’ve lived in Budapest since 2015) and in 2017 I was lucky enough to win the privateer’s cup.

Last year and this year I’m riding a ZX10R which is being out-gunned by completely standard RR’s and my coach has offered me his 2018 RR when he gets the new model later this year.

My GS was the 2010 anniversary model and I only bought it because I couldn’t ride sports bikes at the time due to a trapped nerve in my neck, then I enjoyed it so much I kept it for 4 years. Too many miles and memories to choose a best one.

No, sorry. There was one of a wet race at the end of last season but YouTube is being weird and I can’t find it.

Back