Michelin Power RS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I've been through a few sets of these.. and completely happy with them.. just ordered a new rear which is now RS plus with re-worked carcass, and for want of a better phrase harder compound on the crown.

This one has lasted circa 100 or so either side of 2.5k miles at a guess...

Longevity for what I use it for is excellent even though I'll go through a rear in say 3 months, grip is excellent even at an advanced stage of wear.

Plenty meat left on the front with only slightly noticeable out of round on the profile (inspected last night when re-balancing)... no reason to change it.

Power Pilot 2CTs had been my tyre of choice for at least 10 years on my blades and 10R... never had a moment with any of Michelins Supersport hoops.

Got my doughs worth out of this one for sure..

9eac3e541f5bd004286314bf15d1741b.jpg
7cae8525deda2843375a9065d6907a20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

i have a half warn set of these on my spare wheels, i like the grip of the RS but not the movement you get hat higher lean angles as well as the slow warm up time and the lack of wet grip. i will need to wear them out but for now im back on the m7rr's.

My plan for today is to go out for the day and try and build confidence in the set I put in mine a couple of months ago. Due to work I've hardly used the bike, this year, but the few miles I've done, they feel very different to the k3's that I've been using, and had the abs kick in, and more or less disengage the brakes with them.

With today's forecast, hopefully by tea time tonight I'll be happy with them.

What pressure you running them at Stuart?

My plan for today is to go out for the day and try and build confidence in the set I put in mine a couple of months ago. Due to work I've hardly used the bike, this year, but the few miles I've done, they feel very different to the k3's that I've been using, and had the abs kick in, and more or less disengage the brakes with them.

With today's forecast, hopefully by tea time tonight I'll be happy with them.

What pressure you running them at Stuart?
30/32 Kenny... never had any issues at all even when making as Monners puts it "Progress" lol... man I love that phrase....

I"ve just fitted my new tyre and those adjusters I got from Jimmy Mac via Malic... ran the axle nut up, checked everything in situ... nuts sitting maybe 3 or 4 threads proud !... not sure about that... advice needed here ...
d75af60a9ed0e1fa46cdda9f66f755f4.jpg
7cea205ad109a0abe9ea49226a402d73.jpg
41124d7a264fd2b3031ac12875faaf02.jpg
89d6299caa60f99545fca086b7d8d965.jpg
bdb9db7179df8ea0dd1d704ca0b41837.jpg

Why thank you. That belly is from years of discussing bikes and cars, whilst drinking large amounts of cider and rum!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Never noticed the belly, now you mention it lol... any advice on that last post Kenny

Was just gonna suggest losing the wash. Not sure about what else to try. I've never had anything as fancy as adjusters

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Cheers... I'll see who else comments... uncomfortable with those threads showing...I'm away for a kebab lol...

05132725527334aa54d2cc398140061b.jpg

Last edited:
ABS so lacking grip under hard braking... never had that either... track or road ?

road only, i use dunlop KR's on track that dont move at all. i think this is why im not liking the movement of the RS. i tried the v02 slicks on track and they moved more than i like too. p.s. i was going to say dump the washer. :)

Last edited:
Back