Michelin Power RS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i run my RS+ rear at 38 and front at 36, may try them again at slightly lower on the rear. been for a run this morning on my m7rr's nd got 57 degrees on the right and 34 on the front so not much wrong with them. :)

57 degrees is very impressive!!! Think I was only managing 54 or 55 at knockhill last summer. Mid 40s is the most I ever normally see on the road.

That's just it Alex. I've never really had the ABS activate with the k3's. Not riding any different. When ridding fast on the island roads, it's quite normal to have to brake fairly hard for sheep or tourists parked in stupid places. Like mentioned earlier, I don't consider myself a particularly fast rider, but do like to give it a squirt out of corners when the mood takes me.
Fairplay, don't want you coming a cropper.

- Alex

Fairplay, don't want you coming a cropper.

- Alex

I had the Mrs out on it this affa, and brakes feeling mush better with the extra weight. Obviously not going fast at all, but tried braking pretty hard, when the road was clear, to see what it would do. Can't say I felt any intervention from abs, but the bars on graph did show about 50%.

All aside, apart from not having full confidence with tyres under hard braking, they now feel great to me.

Checked pressures after a run on my own, and hot they were 36/41, after a half hour run, last 5/10 minutes of which were in slow traffic.

Lol, I always wanted one when I was 16 or 17.. CBX, CB900, XS 1100, Kz1000, GS1000S were all the top dogs back then... 90 BHP, 450lbs, Toothpick Forks, pressed steel frames, shite electrics and lights, a bikini fairing if you were lucky....ooooh and crossplys lol...and petrol was ten bob a gallon.. them was the days

Lol, I had a GPZ900R in my youth, 130 section ME99 crossply rear... first bike I had with radials (Michelin) was a GSXR1100M, weaved like hell but saw 175mph on the clock, good to remind yourself how excellent tyres (and bikes) are nowadays

Last edited:
Lol, I had a GPZ900R in my youth, 130 section ME99 crossply rear... first bike I had with radials (Michelin) was a GSXR1100M, weaved like hell but saw 175mph on the clock, good to remind yourself how excellent tyres (and bikes) are nowadays
Thems the days Phil...I had a few early gixxers... bought a slabbie new in 1988...the rear rubber was a 150 section... and had a couple of 1991/2 Ls too.... my 1980 X7 rear was a 3.50 x 18 Metzeler...X Ply... my mountain bike tyres are wider than that lol..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
57 degrees is very impressive!!! Think I was only managing 54 or 55 at knockhill last summer. Mid 40s is the most I ever normally see on the road.
57 degrees is singularly impressive, even James Haydon only managed 58 degrees which impressed him on slicks at Circuit Monteblanco Southern Spain where the track temperature would have been pretty warm!

57 degrees is singularly impressive, even James Haydon only managed 58 degrees which impressed him on slicks at Circuit Monteblanco Southern Spain where the track temperature would have been pretty warm!

ive done 54/55 on m7rr's this weekend many times through mid wales. have a look at OLI's picture in september picture of the month section. 60 degrees, thats impressive. i can get my knee down at 47 degrees the rest is just playing. :)

ive done 54/55 on m7rr's this weekend many times through mid wales. have a look at OLI's picture in september picture of the month section. 60 degrees, thats impressive. i can get my knee down at 47 degrees the rest is just playing. :)

You and @monners are still the lean angle kings in my book [emoji2957]

Back