Brakes vibrating

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jambo28

Reaction score
Just had new set of tyres fitted today and since I put the wheels back on went out brakes felt ok but when I get to speeds between 60-80 it?s vibrating like mad came back in took the wheel out put back in checked the brake calipers for a any shite put them back on and everything torqued back up, went back out still the same but not as harsh. tyre seems seated ok on the rim and I watched him balance the wheels any ideas ?
Could the balancing be out ?

Cheers mate, I did think that but I watched him balance them in front of me I?ll get it back down to them

Fwiw... the front on mine was vibrating quite noticeably on Sunday there sitting steady on the M8 from Edinburgh to Glasgow... I remembered I had knocked off a strip of weights circa 30g when I washed it the day before...

No doubt the balance is out, possibly weights been thrown.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just had new set of tyres fitted today and since I put the wheels back on went out brakes felt ok but when I get to speeds between 60-80 it?s vibrating like mad came back in took the wheel out put back in checked the brake calipers for a any shite put them back on and everything torqued back up, went back out still the same but not as harsh. tyre seems seated ok on the rim and I watched him balance the wheels any ideas ?
Could the balancing be out ?
Jambo, pick up a balancing kit for under 20 quid, if you whipped your wheels off yourself the balancing part is really simple therafter.

I'm just about to do mine....
fcfa7e2ffbf6366d71f64d8140958040.jpg
f84e24c4d5841fa8c9e0fd57fef89ca6.jpg
afb0a442dea8c11749b4285bec3d5638.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back