Gen 4 Fuelling Options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, I traded in my gen 3 which started without high revs. I think most modern vehicles rev harder for a few seconds on cold startup but I think it is to get heat into the cat(s) for emissions!

The issue was more with the lumpiness on startup that Eddie referred to, its slightly better when the baffles are in but still sounds unwell for a while. I've done a lot of reading that and found that the gen 4 runs quite lean at low revs so imagine with the full system on this is made slightly worse. The bike behaves on cold start-up like an old car the you haven't pulled the choke out and you're trying to rev it to stop it from stalling. After the 10 seconds or so it starts to come down but I normally let the bike idle for a good few minutes now before riding it.

It sounds like others experience this which is reassuring.

Yes, I also mean't to say mine has the full Akra too. The high idle is standard for all the bikes, the full akra does seems to add a little bit of lumpy'ness on cold start. I have had the odd backfire of flame too in the first 10 seconds.

I've seen a few dyno runs now that show the fueling on the stock map with the full akra is very reasonable, i think due to the adaptive nature of the ecu / lambda sensors.

Back