Gen 4 Fuelling Options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
I know not many people actually have the new bike yet but I?m seeing pictures of it with the full Akra system on but what?s available to sort the fuelling out on the bike if fitted with a full system? There?s no power commander or rapid bike module available yet.
I?m not sure I want to have mines flashed when I get it with it having a 3 year warranty. I?m think a PC with specific dyno map will be the best option eventually unless there?s something else available just now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is absolutely nothing available at the moment.
I can only confirm this. I've looked at everything and spoken to BMW itself and half a dozen tuners - nothing you can do without blowing your warranty at this stage. The only option is the Akra slip-on as of right now.

I can only confirm this. I've looked at everything and spoken to BMW itself and half a dozen tuners - nothing you can do without blowing your warranty at this stage. The only option is the Akra slip-on as of right now.

Why options are out there? ECU flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd get in touch with Moto Million and 650ib on YouTube / Instagram. They both have a full Akra TI on their machines and they seem to get away with it somehow.

It's just an engine and ECU.

Anything suitable for the Gen3 Euro 4 should work as a piggyback.

8 injector drivers, O2 sensors left connected and working, crank and gear sensor. After that it should all work.

Now the difficulty is that if the injector plugs are different they may not work with the old harness. But you could fit the right plugs to the hareness easily enough to avoid butchering the loom.

Warranty becomes void if you unlock/flash the ECU or use a race ECU, not for piggybacks.

It's just an engine and ECU.

Anything suitable for the Gen3 Euro 4 should work as a piggyback.

8 injector drivers, O2 sensors left connected and working, crank and gear sensor. After that it should all work.

Now the difficulty is that if the injector plugs are different they may not work with the old harness. But you could fit the right plugs to the hareness easily enough to avoid butchering the loom.

Warranty becomes void if you unlock/flash the ECU or use a race ECU, not for piggybacks.
Seems like a very risky game to me.

Pretty sure there will be a power commander or rapid bike module soon enough. I spoke with alpha racing and they told me that the RCK pro kit will be available on their website in a week or 2 but that’s mental money I believe

Just got a reply from motomillion on Instagram:

'You shouldn't be running a power commander on a BMW'
'It doesn't run lean with an exhaust'
'You need to do an adaption reset'

Yeah right.

Pretty sure there will be a power commander or rapid bike module soon enough. I spoke with alpha racing and they told me that the RCK pro kit will be available on their website in a week or 2 but that’s mental money I believe

Yes it will be ???. Also it will be registered/unlocked against your bike VIN (bike is no longer road homogenated), which makes it track only and limits the warranty.

Spoke with Calsport and they reckon the full system will bring up the fault code. Could go down the slip on route until a fuelling module is released I suppose

I will be putting a full system on my bike when it arrives (well actually getting the dealer to do it after the run in service) and not planning on any fuelling mods initially. When the akra ti system gets put on the bmw parts database we can use the ?500 credit towards it yay.

There will be a couple of options available from BMW in the future. alpha Racing are currently referring to a RCK Pro STK Kit which is the high level professional racing (IDM/WSBK) hardware/software and requires the ECU to be unlocked via a code supplied by BMW which is matched to the VIN. For lower level racing, and track use, the M Calibration Kit will be available. Although similar to the existing RCK it will feature a whole raft of new features given the changes made to the Gen 4. At the moment details are scant and pricing for the hardware, ECU unlock code and software are not yet available. What is known is that use of the aforementioned kits will invalidate and void your warranty. That and it?s highly likely that your local BMW dealership will be unable to tune your bike using the kit as most, if not all, do not have trained technicians or a Dyno to do it.

BMW will also be releasing mapping and a racing data release for the M Power Kit (Akrapovič system) in the future. Again this will require an ECU unlock code via a BMW dealership. Warranty implications are currently unknown but from experience I suspect it will likely result in a restricted warranty as before.

The bottom line is that it?s probably to early to fully understand what tuning options are going to be available. I suspect Dynojet and RapidBike will eventually release fuel management systems but until they physically get hold of a Gen 4 for testing, availability is unknown.

Last edited:
I will be putting a full system on my bike when it arrives (well actually getting the dealer to do it after the run in service) and not planning on any fuelling mods initially. When the akra ti system gets put on the bmw parts database we can use the ?500 credit towards it yay.
The only downside of having my bike already - no 500 quid credit. :(

alpha Racing have just confirmed that the RCK Pro STK Kit will cost ?5,890.50.

Last edited:
Back