Gen 4 Fuelling Options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoke with Calsport and they reckon the full system will bring up the fault code. Could go down the slip on route until a fuelling module is released I suppose

From the arkapovic website regarding the fitting of their headers to kill the cat:

"When installing optional headers E-B10E8, remapping the ECU is recommended in order to prevent ?check engine light? warning signal and achieve optimized performance and throttle response."

So I would agree with Calsport.

From the arkapovic website regarding the fitting of their headers to kill the cat:

"When installing optional headers E-B10E8, remapping the ECU is recommended in order to prevent ?check engine light? warning signal and achieve optimized performance and throttle response."

Yeah but if you look at the listing on the Calsport webpage, it states that it doesn?t need mapping???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but if you look at the listing on the Calsport webpage, it states that it doesn’t need mapping???

True, but I would go with the manufacturer's statement over a reseller. I think the difference is in the wording, you can plug and play with the headers and the bike will run just fine with no further mods (with the EML on). But to get the full benefit a map is recommended which can also remove the EML.

My HP4 could be de-catted without a remap, the only difference was that the ecu logged a fault code (to do with the o2 sensors I believe) but on the HP4 that wasn't enough of a fault to cause the EML to come on so happy days. It was only noticed when put on a diagnostics tool and had no effect on the bike. Having said that, a remap did improve the midrange fuelling for those that bothered.

Yeah I agree better to have it remapped and no point going to the expense of a full system and not mapping it.
With the lack of mapping options available at the minute then it could be an option until the PC or rapid bike is available

I'd agree with above. Pcv should just be a plug change. Your doing same as before. Leave everything plugged in. And a removing cats will always need a map to run anywhere right

Just got a reply from motomillion on Instagram:

'You shouldn't be running a power commander on a BMW'
'It doesn't run lean with an exhaust'
'You need to do an adaption reset'

Yeah right.

You do understand that a Power Commander runs only on one map. There is no more adaptive learning of the ECU. Meaning if it is 60 degrees outside or 120 degrees you are running the same map. The bike will not adjust to any atmospheric changes. Unfortunately a PowerCommander is old technology now, there are far better options.

This may be okay for people who are racing, and constantly update their maps, but for street riders this leave a lot on the table.

The current bike (just like the old one), is able to adapt to a full exhaust system, given that the fuel mixture adaptation is reset from the diagnostic tool. Is it perfect? No, but does it hurt the engine? None so far has been hurt. Do we recommend a fuel controller or a map/flash to be done on the bike, yes.

The reasons given above is why we say you shouldn't be running a power commander on a BMW, or any bike that is fitted with a newer generation ECU. Rapidbike fuel controllers are the only fuel controllers currently that work with open-loop and closed-loop maps of your ECU. Hence why we only recommend Rapidbike as a fuel controller.

This is one of the reasons why Akrapovic is now in partnership with Dimsport to offer Rapidbike products and mappings for all the newer models they received. >> http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike-akrapovic-maps/

We've installed a hand full of full systems on the K67 already, there is no check engine light. Just like the older bikes, you need to remove the cables from the servo and reinstall the exhaust servo motor back.

Akrapovic has put that statement just in case there were any warning lights appeared on bikes in different markets, so far none has been reported to throw a check engine light with a full system.

You do understand that a Power Commander runs only on one map. There is no more adaptive learning of the ECU. Meaning if it is 60 degrees outside or 120 degrees you are running the same map. The bike will not adjust to any atmospheric changes. Unfortunately a PowerCommander is old technology now, there are far better options.

This may be okay for people who are racing, and constantly update their maps, but for street riders this leave a lot on the table.

The current bike (just like the old one), is able to adapt to a full exhaust system, given that the fuel mixture adaptation is reset from the diagnostic tool. Is it perfect? No, but does it hurt the engine? None so far has been hurt. Do we recommend a fuel controller or a map/flash to be done on the bike, yes.

The reasons given above is why we say you shouldn't be running a power commander on a BMW, or any bike that is fitted with a newer generation ECU. Rapidbike fuel controllers are the only fuel controllers currently that work with open-loop and closed-loop maps of your ECU. Hence why we only recommend Rapidbike as a fuel controller.

This is one of the reasons why Akrapovic is now in partnership with Dimsport to offer Rapidbike products and mappings for all the newer models they received. >> http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike-akrapovic-maps/

You do buy Autotune for that with Wide band O2 sensors.

This problem was solved ages ago.

In fact, Rapidbike also runs a single map unless you buy 350gbp mytunning kit that is equivalent to Autotune.

In fact, Rapidbike also runs a single map unless you buy 350gbp mytunning kit that is equivalent to Autotune.

Rapidbike EVO module runs off the narrowband O2 sensors and works like an autotune as it comes. The narrowband o2 sesnsor of course is not as precise as a widband o2 sensor.

I am not advocating for Dimsport or Dynojet here. It doesn't make sense to put a Power Commander that turns of certain functionalities of these ECU's. Especially for consumers that use these motorcycles on the road in day to day conditions.

If you want a simple solution, a Rapidbike works great as it is. It does automatically adjust the tune even without the my tuning kit. It does a pretty good job at it, is it perfect? No.

If you are after perfection and squeezing every last bit of power from the bike, either get a proper flash for the bike or get an RCK equivalent system.

We believe this is the correct way of proceeding. There is no reason to debate this longer, the data is out there for those who care to search.

Rapidbike EVO module runs off the narrowband O2 sensors and works like an autotune as it comes. The narrowband o2 sesnsor of course is not as precise as a widband o2 sensor.

I am not advocating for Dimsport or Dynojet here. It doesn't make sense to put a Power Commander that turns of certain functionalities of these ECU's. Especially for consumers that use these motorcycles on the road in day to day conditions.

If you want a simple solution, a Rapidbike works great as it is. It does automatically adjust the tune even without the my tuning kit. It does a pretty good job at it, is it perfect? No.

If you are after perfection and squeezing every last bit of power from the bike, either get a proper flash for the bike or get an RCK equivalent system.

We believe this is the correct way of proceeding. There is no reason to debate this longer, the data is out there for those who care to search.

Can you enlighten us please on where we can find this data ?

There is only 1 shop in the whole UK that tuned 1 Rapidbike - HM racing (alex's bike). And yet, they say they are not happy with results and won't take any additional work (1 months old conversation).

At the same time they do numerous PCV and RCK tunes.

Can you enlighten us please on where we can find this data ?

There is only 1 shop in the whole UK that tuned 1 Rapidbike - HM racing (alex's bike). And yet, they say they are not happy with results and won't take any additional work (1 months old conversation).

At the same time they do numerous PCV and RCK tunes.

They didn't tell ME that. Interesting.

But I do have them on video, talking about it and then realising they were on video, and walking out the dyno cell.

Other places have mapped them ask Luke at Performance Parts Ltd.

They didn't tell ME that. Interesting.

But I do have them on video, talking about it and then realising they were on video, and walking out the dyno cell.

Other places have mapped them ask Luke at Performance Parts Ltd.

That's exactly what they told me when I called them 1 month ago. I have Rapidbike Race installed and thought on tuning it.

Since then I went your path, RS2E mapped ECU comes back tomorrow and RCK3 sitting here waiting. Will be selling Rapidbike next week. Can't say anything good or bad about it.

I had Rapidbike Evo on my 1299S that came with auto tune and worked well. Rapidbike does seem to be favoured over a PC in general for the Ducati but with me being new to BMW I’m still trying to figure out what works best.

My understanding was the pc5 is a piggyback to add and subtract fuel from certain points in the rpm range, this has nothing to do with changing the original fuel tables the ECU is using at the time.

So the bike will adapt fuelling depending on temperature and atmosphere pressure through the ECU, then the pc5 simply adds/subtracts a bit depending on fuel range.

So how what's stopping the bike from adapting to temperature change?

And im pretty sure BMW use narrow band sensors in their exhaust from standard and then these are only for adapting low rpm range.

So once you reach a higher range ie 3k it will just run on the map installed at factory.

Also if BMW is much like any other vehicle factory, the plugs on your injectors will be the same through all the s1000rrs, so chances are your gen1-3 pc5 will fit the gen4, challenge will be finding the throttle position wire.

I found the rapidbike very inconsistent on the road

Tryed both. Took everyone's advice and still wasnt happy.

That's also ignoring the evo module that bricked itself and had to be replaced.

Eventually listened to my tuner. He tuned it with pair blanked. Then after unblanked.

I watched it on all manner of throttle applications and it stayed perfect after pair was opened. (I'm taking more about cruising revs)

My understanding is if you leave o2 sensors attached and use only the one module with fixed map the bike will adapt over temperature.

Iv had it this way for a while and it's never seemed any way besides perfect. And my mpg are amazing since too.

That's on a 17 with full yoshi and bmc race filter.

Being honest after my experience I'd be very reluctant to go rapidbike again

Back