Gen 4 Fuelling Options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the rapidbike very inconsistent on the road

Tryed both. Took everyone's advice and still wasnt happy.
That's also ignoring the evo module that bricked itself and had to be replaced.
Eventually listened to my tuner. He tuned it with pair blanked. Then after unblanked.
I watched it on all manner of throttle applications and it stayed perfect after pair was opened. (I'm taking more about cruising revs)
My understanding is if you leave o2 sensors attached and use only the one module with fixed map the bike will adapt over temperature.
Iv had it this way for a while and it's never seemed any way besides perfect. And my mpg are amazing since too.
That's on a 17 with full yoshi and bmc race filter.
Being honest after my experience I'd be very reluctant to go rapidbike again

Not arguing any of that - but the PAIR should have been blocked for mapping both. Calling it out as something different doesn't sound right.

Pair was blocked for the rapidbike.

As I sed above pair was blocked off for tuning with pcv. And unblocked after which gave smoother cruising.

Also if BMW is much like any other vehicle factory, the plugs on your injectors will be the same through all the s1000rrs, so chances are your gen1-3 pc5 will fit the gen4, challenge will be finding the throttle position wire.

As I understand it,the injectors are different to previous years and the connectors are different.Whilst connectors can be changed,it's also possible the fuel module may require different electronic drivers.

That's very possible if the gen 4 is using direct injection, don't know if it is though.

Rapidbike EVO module runs off the narrowband O2 sensors and works like an autotune as it comes. The narrowband o2 sesnsor of course is not as precise as a widband o2 sensor.

I am not advocating for Dimsport or Dynojet here. It doesn't make sense to put a Power Commander that turns of certain functionalities of these ECU's. Especially for consumers that use these motorcycles on the road in day to day conditions.

If you want a simple solution, a Rapidbike works great as it is. It does automatically adjust the tune even without the my tuning kit. It does a pretty good job at it, is it perfect? No.

If you are after perfection and squeezing every last bit of power from the bike, either get a proper flash for the bike or get an RCK equivalent system.

We believe this is the correct way of proceeding. There is no reason to debate this longer, the data is out there for those who care to search.
Just watched 650ib?s latest video now with the Akrapovic shorty that you sold him. No remapping done. The bike runs like shit. Even cuts out twice.. so much for a remapping isn?t needed.

There have been reports of the same behaviour with the stock exhaust

Yup. Mine regularly cuts out on the first and often second prod of the starter and that’s with the stock exhaust.

Hi chaps,

Just as a bit of an update on this from our experience. We fitted a full Akropovic ti system on a 2019 which retained the o2 sensors. We unhooked the cables from the servo motor and fired it up and instantly there was a EML on which came back as a servo motor fault.

We could delete it and it would come straight back. Regardless of what we tried, it wasn't going away. I was under the impression that the ECU would check the Servo motor every 30 ignition switch cycles, but that didn't appear to be the case with this bike.

The chap took the bike to see how it was going to ride and it turns out, not especially nicely. He'd had experience of fuelling causing a surge type issue while mid corner, causing a lurch which is far from ideal. Also top end seemed to be holding back.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago when the bike returned to us to see what could be done.

We have fitted the HealTech ES Eliminator (http://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.u.../healtech-exhaust-servo-eliminator-pd-185.php) and the EML light has gone. We have had the bike running a number of times since installing with no issues at all.

Regarding the fuelling, we spoke with Performance Parts (our supplier of Akro parts) and they have been dealing with Dave @ HM Racing. I am yet to confirm with Dave what can be done, but speaking to his colleagues and the guys at PP it would appear there is a way of mapping these bikes as he has already done so for K67s in the BSB paddock.

Currently there's still no sign of a RCK as yet from BMW. PP did tell me the Rapid Bike unit isn't too far away, but they did have to redesign it from the ground up as the K67 is a completely different set up to the previous models.

As soon as I know more, I wil let you all know. Any questions please feel free to ask and I will do all that's possible to find answers.

Just to confirm did the surge go away once the servo buddy / eliminator was fitted?

We haven't test ridden it as yet, my gut feeling is it wouldn't as really and truly the servo shouldn't have any affect on the fuelling.

Still rides the same. My tech has just come back on it.

On the road it's not bad at all. We're assuming under heavy load i.e. track work/harder than we're prepared to ride it, it's going to become apparent.

Any news regarding BMW coding for the M Power Kit?

The only thing being worked on currently is the RCK. Whether it'll appear afterwards is anyones guess at the mo.

I'm guessing the RCK is what the race teams will be interested in, so naturally BMW would be keen to get this sorted and available.

Still rides the same. My tech has just come back on it.

On the road it's not bad at all. We're assuming under heavy load i.e. track work/harder than we're prepared to ride it, it's going to become apparent.

There's a trackday at Snetterton on Monday,as your closed you've got no excuse!
(stand-in rider available here!).

Just a bump on this thread. I had the full Akra Ti system fitted on my gen4, the dealer fitted the Akra servo blank too so no EML. I don?t get fuelling issues except on startup (cold or hot) it revs quite high for about 10 seconds before settling down. Does anyone else experience this?

Just a bump on this thread. I had the full Akra Ti system fitted on my gen4, the dealer fitted the Akra servo blank too so no EML. I don?t get fuelling issues except on startup (cold or hot) it revs quite high for about 10 seconds before settling down. Does anyone else experience this?

Yup, same here. The fueling is fine. Cold starts are a tiny bit lumpy and high revving for the first 10seconds, but then seems just fine.

My bike is totally standard and revs its nuts off went started from cold. It then settles down after about 10 seconds. Someone pointed out (may have been Alex) its to do with building oil pressure on start up. Its normal.

My bike is totally standard and revs its nuts off went started from cold. It then settles down after about 10 seconds. Someone pointed out (may have been Alex) its to do with building oil pressure on start up. Its normal.

Yes, mine exactly the same and noticeably different (higher cold start revs) to how the Gen 2 and 3 used to behave.

Yes, mine exactly the same and noticeably different (higher cold start revs) to how the Gen 2 and 3 used to behave.

Thanks everyone, I traded in my gen 3 which started without high revs. I think most modern vehicles rev harder for a few seconds on cold startup but I think it is to get heat into the cat(s) for emissions!

The issue was more with the lumpiness on startup that Eddie referred to, its slightly better when the baffles are in but still sounds unwell for a while. I've done a lot of reading that and found that the gen 4 runs quite lean at low revs so imagine with the full system on this is made slightly worse. The bike behaves on cold start-up like an old car the you haven't pulled the choke out and you're trying to rev it to stop it from stalling. After the 10 seconds or so it starts to come down but I normally let the bike idle for a good few minutes now before riding it.

It sounds like others experience this which is reassuring.

Back