Hi from East Yorks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve W

Reaction score
Hi all. Been riding jap bikes for years but always fancied the BMW thou so after having a go on one, I took plunge and ordered the new model RR back in November 2018. Still waiting :grumpy: not even a firm date for it yet!

I sold my existing bike (GSX-R 750) months ago as initially was told April for the new bike - being a tight fisted Yorkshire man I decided to sell privately rather than trade it in, then wait for new bike. Thought had made a mistake and would lose all summers riding with the delays, but BMW have since fixed me up with a loan bike till the new one arrives, so TBH - pretty impressed with BMW so far.

I live in East Yorkshire.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new bike, what has the dealer given you in the meantime?

Hi both. Thankyou. The dealer initially gave me an F800GT. I enjoyed it for what it is - it confirmed I'm definitely not ready to jack in the sportsbikes for a tourer! I had it about a month then they swapped it for a Gen 3 S1000RR so happy days so far.

Welcome to the forum Steve and congratulations on your Gen 4 RR order!

What model Gen 4 have your ordered and what were some of your favourite experiences onboard your GSXR?

Whilst it is unfortunate the Gen 4 has been delayed, looking on the positive it is a good opportunity that you get to put some miles on a Gen 3, as this will be an ideal reference point for you to judge how the Gen 4 compares [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I am sure you?ll have many happy miles ahead of you onboard your Gen 4 in due course [emoji4]

- Oli

Cheers Oli. I've gone for M Sport like most people in the UK it seems. Really did not want a red bike (only for Ducati or Honda!). It's a lot of money for the extra modes, the colour, and the carbon wheels but from what I am reading they do make a big difference, and it's still good value against the other manufacturers.

GSX-R was a great bike it's a shame Suzuki have now stopped making it but not enough demand I guess - not worth Suzuki making the investment to modernize it. Had some great weekends up Lake district and down to Wales on mine with few friends, good riding and good nights out.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Back