Is the gen 4 worth the wait??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budgie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_9599.jpgAs the title says is the gen 4 really worth the wait, well in my opinion after a 2 hour blast today it absolutely is. With only being 5'5" I found it more comfy than my gen 3 with the wider bars and not having to lean over the tank as much. It's not until you ride it that you actually feel how tiny it is, it flicks from side to side effortlessly and easily holds tight lines in fast sweeping corners. The shifter is smoother and the Hayes brakes imo are as good as the brembos. Combine the handling with the low down torque the new engines got and you can quickly see that this is going to be a serious track bike straight out the box in the right hands. It'll be interesting to see what the really fast guys in this group think when they get there hands on one. I found it just as easy to ride on the road as the previous models although it's more track focussed and tbf if you just wanted to have a steady potter around I found you can leave it in 5th or 6th and it will pull from as low as 25/30 mph easily so no need having to drop gears.
Couple of niggly points were neutral is a little tricky to find until you get used to it and the seats about as comfy as a paving slab after a period of time in the saddle.
Overall imo it is definitely a step up and is worth the wait.
ps not even mentioned the tft screen layout lol.

Positive comments Iain... the bike looks braw too, altho those mudguard reflectors would need to go and I hate mirror indicators... I'd defo buy one if I was in the hunt...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

View attachment 4381As the title says is the gen 4 really worth the wait, well in my opinion after a 2 hour blast today it absolutely is. With only being 5'5" I found it more comfy than my gen 3 with the wider bars and not having to lean over the tank as much. It's not until you ride it that you actually feel how tiny it is, it flicks from side to side effortlessly and easily holds tight lines in fast sweeping corners. The shifter is smoother and the Hayes brakes imo are as good as the brembos. Combine the handling with the low down torque the new engines got and you can quickly see that this is going to be a serious track bike straight out the box in the right hands. It'll be interesting to see what the really fast guys in this group think when they get there hands on one. I found it just as easy to ride on the road as the previous models although it's more track focussed and tbf if you just wanted to have a steady potter around I found you can leave it in 5th or 6th and it will pull from as low as 25/30 mph easily so no need having to drop gears.
Couple of niggly points were neutral is a little tricky to find until you get used to it and the seats about as comfy as a paving slab after a period of time in the saddle.
Overall imo it is definitely a step up and is worth the wait.
ps not even mentioned the tft screen layout lol.

Great write up Budgie. I?m testing riding one next weekend and am looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike looks absolutely brilliant, saw it in the flesh in Qatar at Moto GP . Bellypan lets it down though. Couldn't justify almost ?20k though for something I'd use hardly 5 months of the year.

Bike looks absolutely brilliant, saw it in the flesh in Qatar at Moto GP . Bellypan lets it down though. Couldn't justify almost ?20k though for something I'd use hardly 5 months of the year.

I've just ordered a GSA to the tune of ?22k and that will also be only getting used when road salt isn't in use so about 5/6 months :/

The thought of a gen 4 in december or thereabouts would put me off along with the colour schemes they offer, soon they will be everywhere in the M Sports colour scheme and I feel it wont "look" special! I bet it's a mint bike but I love walking away from my bike and going for that 2nd or 3rd glance thinking oh my day ;)

This doesn't seem to excite on the visuals like the HP4 does, but maybe that's just me.

Congratulations on the GSA. And I agree the HP4 is a more special looking bike than the msport gen4.

I nearly bought a HP4 on a couple of occasions now and was the reason I joined this forum a while back. Awesome looking bikes and a bike I?d love to own. If I bought one it would be a keeper for the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your GSA @Skynet-T800 [emoji41]
What colour/spec did you go for?

Last edited:
Back