Lost keys options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylezx7r

Reaction score
A mate of mine with a 2013 gen 2 has lost his keys and they?ve been lost for months.

He?s now looking at replacing the ecu and kick set , there?s plenty on eBay but my question is would he need to replace the clocks aswell?

I?m pretty sure you do on the gen3 but I?m not sure about the gen 2

Can anyone advise ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didn't think you did have to replace clocks on any,or it's pointless me keeping my spare clocks off the last bike a broke for parts

gonna go stick teh sopare clocks on my bike when i get home to see

I might be wrong, that was just my understanding. It?s not something I?ve had to do before

Take v5 to dealer and they will get new keys from germany

- Alex

He?s been to his dealer and they said it would be ?800 as the ECU would need programmed ?

He?s been to his dealer and they said it would be ?800 as the ECU would need programmed ?

That sounds about right if you do it via the dealer.

There are few shops on eBay that can do it much cheaper

If you want your original clocks and mileage you will need to visit the dealer anyway.

Otherwise you need to get the clocks matching the ECU.

He should take this on the chin and go to the dealer to get new keys.

Just googled this website [email protected]
Statement from website
If you have immobiliser problems you will probably have realised how expensive it is for the dealers to assist you. We can help at a fraction of the cost!
You may also have a lost motorcycle key or need a replacement car key and we can help with this as well.
If you just have a problem with a malfunctioning factory immobiliser then simply send us your immobiliser box in the post and we will recode the box and send you the immobiliser transponder and immobiliser box back in the post. The cost for this service is as above.
If you have lost your motorbike key or need a replacement car key then send us the ignition barrel so that we can decode the barrel and cut another key from it. The cost for decoding the barrel will be ?60. In this case, please let us know the number of keys required.
You may want to phone us on 0116 276 7054 and have a chat with us to ensure you are doing the right thing before you buy online. You can also contact us via chat on this same website, email at [email protected] or if you are local to us come into our shop in Leicester and talk to one of our experienced engineers.
This service is suitable for the BMW Motorcyles S1000RR model.

Wow I wish I had found that website before .

He ended up going to BMW and spending the ????

Take v5 to dealer and they will get new keys from germany

- Alex

I lost my spare key very recently. I called my local dealer he said bmw have records of all the key type/ immobiliser data on file. I had to provide my v5 number over the phone?. 2 days later it was ready for collection. Cost ?54.:::: which I was happily surprised about.

I lost my spare key very recently. I called my local dealer he said bmw have records of all the key type/ immobiliser data on file. I had to provide my v5 number over the phone?. 2 days later it was ready for collection. Cost ?54.:::: which I was happily surprised about.

The same thing happened to me. The dealer sent me the key in the same day I contacted him. It costed me ?68, but anyway it's not a big deal. Though my friends told me it will cost me much more.

Back