Gen 4 Reverse Shift

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can reverse the gearshift on the Gen 4 and still maintain the standard rearsets?

I?m sure I read somewhere that it can be done but can?t find it for the life of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It?s exactly the same as before and you simply unscrew one bolt and move the linkage to reverse the gear shift direction.

Yes. It?s exactly the same as before and you simply unscrew one bolt and move the linkage to reverse the gear shift direction.

Thanks mate. Never had a BMW bike so I?m unfamiliar with the setup.

No problem. It?s simple to do and there will be a page describing the process in the Owner?s Manual.

No problem. It?s simple to do and there will be a page describing the process in the Owner?s Manual.

Magic mate thanks. Just watched a YouTube video on a 2016 bike and seems the shift lever is already tapped with another hole and it?s just a case of swapping the shift rod over.

I had to get a new splined lever and flip the QS sensor on my Ducati 1299S when I did it.

Yip, good on BMW for not trying to cash in on something that would?ve be easy to do.

Back