2D Front Sensor on Gen4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that he didnt notice the bike handling difference after fitting/riding.

I was actually quite surprised how my 2015 bike reacted when I added my 2D sensor. Front was way better after fitting the 2D, much more feel with added rebound damping and it got rid of that front end loose feeling at full lean. It's the rear that changed a lot as well and that was lovely without the sensor (Resprung with a heavier spring) but became incredibly stiff with the sensor. It must use a different algorithm with the sensor fitted.

I'll go back to the standard rear spring which should cure it when I get some time.

J

Lunatic drilling holes in his forks?!! He should have just made a bracket up.

Agreed - loon.

I'd have thought a bracket off the fairing would be best, spurred me to look at the Alpha catalogue, nothing on there yet...well not when I searched for all things K67.

I would imagine a lower bracket would be made available from 2D.

He has answered most of my thoughts on earlier wheel fitment.I would use my BST's and modify the sensor bracket to fit whilst incorporating the potentiometer mounting.

As an aside,probably not quite the right place to put this,but BMW now have their own Radiator Guards for Gen4 which are cheaper than all the others.

2D Potentiometer

The current 2D potentiometer is compatible with the new model and plugs directly into the wiring loom. As before it allows you to adjust front compression and rebound separately. I have asked both 2D and alpha Racing and they stated that they will be releasing a new mounting bracket kit for the K67 shortly. New items appear daily on the alpha Racing website so it?s worth keeping an eye on the following weblink for all K67 related parts and updates.

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...c_subcat=0&sort=1a&max_display=70&language=en

2D Potentiometer

With regards to the link in Post #1... quite why one would even consider drilling a hole in their front forks is simply beyond me.

Forums posts are useful sources of information when someone seems to have experience and be respected by other users but then you see something ridiculous like that and realise you should never take anything online at face value without doing some due diligence first!

Last edited:
Back