Leathers Arrived

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
Bought myself some new 4SR leathers a few weeks ago. They?ve been away getting some stretch panels put in to accommodate the Ixon airbag vest that I bought to go with them.
Really looking forward to seeing how they all go with my new HJC lid and the DRC gloves I?ve ordered.
Never had or seen any of the DRC stuff before but the spec sounds really good and ?89 for a pair of custom gloves have to be worth a punt.

6eb5b856408140de6aaf9310807465dd.jpg

8559ee835c5b0ae26f95eed25e00a6ed.jpg

022c580f56c80656ec60a49643c85fe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Airbag" stretch panels, aye, I need them too in the lower torso area ;)

Enjoy the new kit - can't find DRC so chuck up a link.

?695 for a made to measure suit, whats the story there then?

seems to be plenty good reviews on them. I’ve went with some gloves to see how they are first. The gloves are cowhide construction with Kevlar stitching.

The palm you can choose between kangaroo or cowhide , choice of little fingers stitched together or not , choice of Pu palm slider , choice of rubber palm grip , then your choice of colours and a logo on the wrist.

You'll have to let us know how you get on with them, I need some new summer gloves..

Very interested in feedback on the Ixon airbag. I rate my Dianese D Air to the point that I bought another suit for when the first needs to go back for recharge but it's a right old faff having to send it to Italy. Just yesterday I sent both suits back for recharge, thats likely to be a few hundred pound in recharge and repairs.

Last edited:
Did someone mention new leathers !...

They look really good btw Carson as does that bunnet.... so how does the M2M work, had a quick swaatch of the website, couldn't see how you supply your dimensions...do you go to them to get measured up...

I'm leathered out of my head over the last few years and happy with my Helds.... but you can't have too many leather suits..

Did someone mention new leathers !...

They look really good btw Carson as does that bunnet.... so how does the M2M work, had a quick swaatch of the website, couldn't see how you supply your dimensions...do you go to them to get measured up...

I'm leathered out of my head over the last few years and happy with my Helds.... but you can't have too many leather suits..

Stuart,

You can go and visit them for M2M which is what I?d do for a suit but for the gloves they sent me a diagram and I just took the measurements myself. There seems to be quite a lot of guys using these suits on the Facebook trackday addicts page and rate them highly.
I?ve got a pair of Held Slade leathers that I use for track and couldn?t be happier with them but after a couple of mates recently breaking their collar bones it made me think about the airbag suit.

I wanted a suit that I could use on the road and track. I looked at the D Air suits and the Tech Air suit and decided that the Ixon was probably best for what I need. I?ve been told by different people that the Tech Air (which was my first choice) would be ?300 a pop to have reset as Alpinestars always insist on doing a suit check/clean at the time of reset and at the minute this is taking 6 weeks to get your suit back.

With the Ixon, you just buy a ?80 cartridge and change it yourself. I?ve bought a spare cartridge and leaving it in Spain so that I can travel with the vest forwards and backward when I need to with the vest in hand luggage and don?t have issues taking the gas canister on the plane.

https://www.ixon.com/public/en/ix-airbag-u03-2/

The Ixon vest comes with a level 2 back protector and there?s no need for a check protector with it either so it?s much comfier than my alpinestars suit and forcefield back and check protectors. The vest is really light.

Ixon claim that you can wear it under any suit or jacket as long as there?s room. I had extra stretch panels fitted into my new leathers so that I was sure I wasn?t going to exert any force from the airbag into my body if it goes off and there?s nowhere for it to go. I should be fine using it with my Held suit as well as I?ve got quite a bit of room in it.

407cc430a4b422dc925297f701cb6487.jpg

2d743e51275fc7d81452e2d61b45aa49.jpg

Monners will have to change his name to "MONNEYRS"
Yeah not the first person thats said that but to be fair it should be changed to Skintpigs because of all this. I literally have zero savings because I spend like a teenager with his first wage packet.

Stuart,

You can go and visit them for M2M which is what I’d do for a suit but for the gloves they sent me a diagram and I just took the measurements myself. There seems to be quite a lot of guys using these suits on the Facebook trackday addicts page and rate them highly.
I’ve got a pair of Held Slade leathers that I use for track and couldn’t be happier with them but after a couple of mates recently breaking their collar bones it made me think about the airbag suit.

I wanted a suit that I could use on the road and track. I looked at the D Air suits and the Tech Air suit and decided that the Ixon was probably best for what I need. I’ve been told by different people that the Tech Air (which was my first choice) would be ?300 a pop to have reset as Alpinestars always insist on doing a suit check/clean at the time of reset and at the minute this is taking 6 weeks to get your suit back.

With the Ixon, you just buy a ?80 cartridge and change it yourself. I’ve bought a spare cartridge and leaving it in Spain so that I can travel with the vest forwards and backward when I need to with the vest in hand luggage and don’t have issues taking the gas canister on the plane.

https://www.ixon.com/public/en/ix-airbag-u03-2/

The Ixon vest comes with a level 2 back protector and there’s no need for a check protector with it either so it’s much comfier than my alpinestars suit and forcefield back and check protectors. The vest is really light.

Ixon claim that you can wear it under any suit or jacket as long as there’s room. I had extra stretch panels fitted into my new leathers so that I was sure I wasn’t going to exert any force from the airbag into my body if it goes off and there’s nowhere for it to go. I should be fine using it with my Held suit as well as I’ve got quite a bit of room in it.

407cc430a4b422dc925297f701cb6487.jpg

2d743e51275fc7d81452e2d61b45aa49.jpg

Aye they do look good and a good price...tbh I'm surprised none of the old crocks on here started on me about buying ANOTHER pair of leathers... I've rattled through piles of them in the last few years... had a pure mission with a pair of m2m Scotts, I even went to the factory in wherever it is near Newcastle...

That Ixon air jacket looks excellent vfm and a great option over the dainese stuff with the factory reset hassle thing...

Might get a wee swaatch of them leathers sometime... I was going to say nip round on the new machine with them and that flash lid on... lol...maybe next year ...crivvens be jings...

Aye they do look good and a good price...tbh I'm surprised none of the old crocks on here started on me about buying ANOTHER pair of leathers... I've rattled through piles of them in the last few years... had a pure mission with a pair of m2m Scotts, I even went to the factory in wherever it is near Newcastle...

That Ixon air jacket looks excellent vfm and a great option over the dainese stuff with the factory reset hassle thing...

Might get a wee swaatch of them leathers sometime... I was going to say nip round on the new machine with them and that flash lid on... lol...maybe next year ...crivvens be jings...

I?ll give you a shout mate. You?re more than welcome to pop up. Might even be able to join you for a quick blast one morning you?re out

For sure mate... the weathers been really crap this year after last years 2 months of sunshine !..

I'm an early bird 7am, roads are empty for a nice easy run.....wink wink ...

What’s the deal with the custom gloves? Just had a look on the website and can’t see anything that states customising them.

Message them on Facebook mate. I didn’t get the exact design I asked for. They said they send me new ones but I’ve heard nothing from them. They’re very similar to the Arc-On gloves I’ve got except the Arc-On gloves are a little more comfortable

Back