Handlebar opening/position adjustments

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t1s1f

Reaction score
Hi forum,

Apologizes if this has been answered before, but I'm not getting any luck finding information about this. It might be because my using wrong terms here, but ...

I'm looking at "opening" my handlebards. As they are right now, they are too close to the tank (too closed). I've noticed my position with wider/more open handlebars is a lot more comfortable.

I've heard it's possible to open the OEM ones, but didn't want to adventure before checking first ...

I have a '13. Is this possible to do? Any recommendations on how to better do it?

Thank you.

Bahhh! That's what I feared. They appear to have the bolts, which made me assume I could adjust them, but a friend told me about the pins :(

Guess I have another purchase to make :(

As Alex says, you cannot safely alter the position of the OEM clip-ons.
I therefore fitted Renthal Gen 3 clip-ons for precisely the reason you describe.

Without trying to plug my post lol, but you might find it beneficial to follow the post below to get more information what?s ?potentially? involved [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthre...n-Performance-Large-Universal-bar-ends-review

If you think you may have any desire to raise the clip-on position in future, then I would recommend a multi-adjustable clip-on from the likes of ABM or Gilles tooling from the outset

- Oli

Last edited:
As Alex says, you cannot safely alter the position of the OEM clip-ons.
I therefore fitted Renthal Gen 3 clip-ons for precisely the reason you describe.

Without trying to plug my post lol, but you might find it beneficial to follow the post below to get more information what?s ?potentially? involved [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthre...n-Performance-Large-Universal-bar-ends-review

If you think you may have any desire to raise the clip-on position in future, then I would recommend a multi-adjustable clip-on from the likes of ABM or Gilles tooling from the outset

- Oli

Thank you! What size would I have to purchase if I want them to fit in a '13, you know? This is definitely not something I'm doing myself :(

Back