Track faring options ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've only managed to find 2 options at the moment. CNC and one from uk race support I think it was. both sets are around £800 with bracket set, i think thats bloody pricey. has anyone found others ?
Also how will the belly pan fit ? I'm not sure about fitting a full system yet because of warranty implications, a link pipe would do ?

Race Fairings

The only race fairing option for the new S1000RR that I?m aware of at the moment is from Carbonin. It?s a high quality race fairing kit used by the likes of the BMW Factory WSBK Team, Tyco BMW and Smiths Racing BMW. The set is available in either avio fibreglass or carbon fibre options and both versions are expensive. To fit the belly pan you will need to remove the side stand and ideally you want to be using it with a full exhaust system installed. You will also need to purchase a fairing bracket kit to fit the race fairings.

Race Fairings

I?ve just had a quick search and CRC also now have a set available. I?ve had mixed experiences with CRC race fairings over the years; albeit mostly positive. Looking at the options on their website I would be budgeting around a ?1,000 (Inc VAT) for everything that you will need for a complete set. Until other manufacturers start to produce race fairings the prices on their website are what I would be expecting to pay. For perspective they are, however, somewhat cheaper than Carbonin.

Yeah I meant CRC lol. I had a few sets from them before but usually around ?600. You don't always have to get rid of the side stand with a little trimming.

Race Fairings

I trimmed my last set of alpha Racing fairings to accommodate the side stand without issue. I did ask Carbonin about the side stand as it?s useful having one fitted on a trackday bike. They stated it would need to be removed on the 2019 model due to the position of the fairing bracket and mounting point on their belly pan. The CRC belly pan may be different though.

Race Fairings

For those looking to buy race fairings for their Gen 4 S1000RR please bear in mind that if you are purchasing them from either alpha Racing (Carbonin), or CRC, you will need to buy an additional fairing mounting kit AND seat unit mounting kit. Expect to pay considerably more if you are buying from alpha Racing.

Race Fairings

Not yet. I have bought everything else I need to build the track bike though.

Re: Brakes

Iv'e just bought a set of fairings from fima-racing.de. The fit is very good and comes with optional tank cover-730 euros.

Re: Brakes

Iv'e just bought a set of fairings from fima-racing.de. The fit is very good and comes with optional tank cover-730 euros.

I'm learning towards getting a set of these. By the looks of it no fasteners are included, and I can't find any fixing kits/brackets for them.

As it's a new model the moulds should be in good condition at the moment, so shouldn't be a huge difference between any make.
I used to make boat moulds, they are made over several months to allow them to cure properly. This is the problem with track fairings, they are made too quickly and this is why you get dodgy fitting ratings after a while. As they are relatively new moulds the finish should be pretty good over next few months, depending on how many they are turning out. My guess is made to order at the moment as there's no bikes to fit them to and they won't want stock hanging around.

Mine,from fima-racing,are supplied in primer and just require some minor fine filling/stopper work before painting.
No trimming was required and all the mounting points line up with the appropriate OE fixings.

Back