Oil change tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive had these for a few years now on the beemer and the missis gixer. only thing you dont get is to see how much swaf has collected but this is a good thing on the beemer.lol

ive had these for a few years now on the beemer and the missis gixer. only thing you dont get is to see how much swaf has collected but this is a good thing on the beemer.lol

Looks ideal for dropping that hose through the holes in the belly pan... I was lazy and changed my oil last month and tried to steer the flow through the hole... no chance... so had to poke rags into all the gaps to soak the spillage up lol...

Last edited:
Hi, looks like a good idea, my only thought is I always change the oil filter at the same time so that negates the advantage. Using aluminium foil as a make shift chute to guide the oil that comes out of the filter away from the exhaust is the best solution I've found so far, anyone else use a different method? J

I have one on the BMW, after using one for years on the gsxr racebike. Bloody brilliant, saves you dropping a hot sump plug in the container you're catching oil in, and the risk of cross threading the thread when re-installing. You need to buy a different cap if you want to lock wire however...

Used to use these on the plant equipment we worked on years ago and they work great. I actually forgot all about them but it might be a good idea for my 899 track bike as it’s a bitch to get the race catch tray out with the belly pan exhausts fitted.

Back