Motul 300V

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noxx

Reaction score
Hi lads,

I know a good few of you guys run 300V in your track only machines, but what about road bikes with the odd track day? Let's take cost and change interval (will be every 2000 km) out of the equation.

Still good to run 300V in my daily rider?

noxx

Get a Halfords trade card and buy Castro’s 1 Racing for about ?33 for 4lt.

@oilman once explained it. Not sure they ever come here any more though.

It's something I'm very sceptical about. Good oil is worth paying for, but always very wary about what oils are really good, what oils are good, and what oils are good enough to keep engine going at road rpm.

Expensive doesn't automatically mean good, and vice versa. Through my work I know the cost of it doesn't mean too much....

Ps, I'd rather play it safe than buy cheap shite.

A garage race team ran Silkolene in the race engines, ended up with heavy wear.

They swear by the Castrol stuff.

- Alex

I also use halfords for Castrol power one.

Iv used basic motul in my gsxr600 and it was like a different bike. Felt sluggish to rev gear changes felt clunky. I took it out swapped to power one and it felt lovely again.
The same gsxr made about 10 more hp with power one vs silkoline.

I dont keep oil in bikes long tho. They tend to have hard life. Beemer it works out at 2k miles per change.

Sv650 after 3 days on track. So basically a friday test and 2 days racing I'll change

I wouldn't worry too much what race teams use. I'd use whoever supplied it free :friendly_wink:
I once bought a T3 race bike and was advised to use Castrol power 1. In testing the bike had power gains from other oils.
I also supplied Castrol for my dealer to use at the first service on my GSXR as I had plenty. He wouldn't do it until he new what I was supplying.
Not had a problem in 8 yrs of use :smile-new:

Get a Halfords trade card and buy Castro?s 1 Racing for about ?33 for 4lt.
+1 on Halfords trade card..oils, fluids and in particular wiper blades are heavily discounted... Ive had one for years even though im no longer in the trade...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If you're doing average road riding then it probaly doesn't matter what oil you use as long as you change it regularly but if you are going hard its very obviously noticeable. Removing any other oil after a couple of hard days on track and it feels like water with no lubricating properties left. due to degredation. Motul 300V will do four or five days on track and still come out feeling like oil. Its even more noticeable on bikes that run very hot such as the Panigale. I was always very sceptical about the bullshit oil arguments and would just use Halfords or a normal brand and change it often but after tracking the bikes for the last five years I would not use anything other than Motul now.

I would agree with the above. It's not contamination as much as heat degradation. Is why I change after 3 days.

Castrol also comes out decent.

The oil issue is the first ive noticed on this bike(2015 RR)
my old 01' cbr 600fsport, i changed the oil around 4 times a year with silkolene, reasons were, spring start of biking season/few track days/autumn riding/winter. but i never noticed any change in the bike.

my s1k just went in for the first service since ive owned it(almost exactly a year by about 2 days,also had a bmw service when i bought it) and 2400 miles. and i was defiantly quieter post service. and thats with only 1 track day. for around 4-5hrs. i didnt think id notice a difference but i 100% did. i didnt think the oil would degrade enough for me to audibly hear it.

Back