Track day Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is where adjustable warmers can be good. No need to cook them to death at 80+. 60 is fine on a cool track to give confidence out of the gate.

- Alex

I think this is where adjustable warmers can be good. No need to cook them to death at 80+. 60 is fine on a cool track to give confidence out of the gate.

- Alex

Why would you want 60 ? Just set the pressure based on HOT tire.

Were talking about over heating ROAD tyres.
They are a totally different construction/compound which are easily overheated.

- Alex

Were talking about over heating ROAD tyres.
They are a totally different construction/compound which are easily overheated.

- Alex

Surely they follow same concept of operating pressure @ given temperature. My limited physics knowledge tells me that as long as you do not exceed this operating pressure, the tire would be fine.

Obviously if the track warms up at mid-day, you want to lower the pressure.

edit: plus, we are not talking about totally different compound. Rosso Corsa 2 that is a road tire - has SC compound on outer edges. I assume same goes for S21/S22.

Hi alex sorry meant SC2's i'm getting them at the track day I have ordered some tyre warmers so should be ok.

My 2 cent. I would always use warmers. Road or track.

I dont want to have to waste laps heating tires. I rely on constancy to cut my times. So I want warm from rolling out of pits.

Iv never heard of road tires suffering much on warmers. Normally the issue with tires is wrong warmer temperature or wrong pressure.

Iv seen very experienced lads get tires changed and in a rush to get them on warmers forget to check anything and head out with 60+ in tires.

But ya adjustable are the job. I can leave my wets on 50 degrees with no worrys about them.

Back