Jerez didn't disappoint

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
For those like me who haven't been before, simply such an impressive venue. I arrived before 7 just as the sun was coming up over the track and grandstands, even highlighting the blue painted Allianz striping
on the pit lane. So a good start for memory hotel but it took me the first 3 days to gain enough knowledge of the track to actually push on properly, the last day I managed a best of 1.56, just the one '56, so not
much consistency but then it was hot, 34c most of the time, still, I was hoping for a little better. It has to be by some margin my favourite track so far, the sheer pace of the last 3rd of the circuit, when you get that section right you feel great, and
the tarmac quality is peerless, giving flawless, smooth rubber. Although I'd like to go back in October, I think I'll probably go Almeria, as it's more of a beach/holiday vibe when you're there with your partner.
Shame!

oh and a 56 first time there is a decent starting point

Yeah thats a great time for first trip, I've been three times and only manage 1'56''. I want to go back now I've worked the BMW out a bit to see what I can do there.

Yeah thats a great time for first trip, I've been three times and only manage 1'56''. I want to go back now I've worked the BMW out a bit to see what I can do there.

should have gone on tomorrows trip,only 35 riders booked on :) ,perfect for a bit of bike set up,hoping to get a flat 50 this trip,wont be easy but certainly doable looking at my data,just need to man up a bit!!

I wish I was mate. The frustrating thing is I've just wasted a race weekend due to rain, crashes and trip to hospital. The money I paid would have easily done a Jerez trip! There's also a Cartegena trip with Pacedayz this weekend that I usually do but decided against. The sun would be perfect!

I seem to be knocking on those ten second barriers at every track at the moment but never quite managing to get it together!

Last edited:
Thank you gents, I appreciate the comments. The fourth day was great, I could go a bit harder into the last section, if I was there tomorrow I'd try to learn corners 2 and 4 better, then nibble a few metres into braking markers, and generally
be braver! That is one magic place, what with the lay out and smooth tarmac.

Thank you gents, I appreciate the comments. The fourth day was great, I could go a bit harder into the last section, if I was there tomorrow I'd try to learn corners 2 and 4 better, then nibble a few metres into braking markers, and generally
be braver! That is one magic place, what with the lay out and smooth tarmac.

turn 2 is one of the most important corners as it effects at least the next 2,if not 3(sito pons).plus the stadium section(last 4 rights) is big area to pick up time,scares the shit out of me everytime through there as theres not a huge margin for error once you're on it,but gives such a buzz when you nail all 4 of them.you'd be suprised how quickly you'd knock 3 or 4 seconds off your lap time with a little bit of time there

Scooby or anyone else can you talk me through T2-4? Gears, apex, line and when you're picking up the throttle?

I believe you, sacrifice speed around 2, hold to 1/3 track on the exit of 2 to open up 3, grabbing 2 gears in the process of moving from the right to the left of the bike (quite tricky). 3 is all about driving to 4. 4, high entry speed, clawing back for an off throttle late apex, picking it up and firing to LHS (1/3 from the left) ready to go into the rising turn 5.

Scooby or anyone else can you talk me through T2-4? Gears, apex, line and when you're picking up the throttle?

I believe you, sacrifice speed around 2, hold to 1/3 track on the exit of 2 to open up 3, grabbing 2 gears in the process of moving from the right to the left of the bike (quite tricky). 3 is all about driving to 4. 4, high entry speed, clawing back for an off throttle late apex, picking it up and firing to LHS (1/3 from the left) ready to go into the rising turn 5.

I only needed one gear from exiting 2 / entering 3 until exiting 4 and that was on my 750.

So you used 2nd all the way or 3rd from the exit?

- Alex

Down to second for turn 1........keep 2nd until the exit of turn 2 / entry to turn 3 and short shift to 3rd asap. Keep 3rd through turn 3, the short straight leading to turn 4 and turn 4 itself. I needed to go briefly to 4th before turn 5 before droping back to 3rd for turn 5 itself. (I would expect to keep it in 3rd on the run to turn 5 on my S1000RR but my 750 needed 4th for a short time)

thats basically it tbh,turn 2 is a very late apex,the end of the curbing almost at the white triangle,then whilst flicking bike over,short shift to 3rd,hard on throttle,if you get the line right it's a near enough full throttle all the way round till your tipping in for turn 4 (which if your uber quick is 1 line all from turn 2,for me it's a definate tip in though,as tipping in for turn 4,off throttle only slightly to get bike into the apex,as soon as i know i'm going to hit it,pick throttle up and nail it,no feeding gently,it's a full on to the stop.a little tip i was given for the exit of turn 4 is,as soon as you start to exit,look as far left as you can,look at the wall on the left hand side of the track,it's susprising how much easier it makes the exit,depending on gearing i'll hold 3rd all the way to sito (turn 5),making sure i run the kerb on the left side,shoot past the 1st apex,still on the brakes to about mid track (although it does vary a lot haha) then pick throttle up,hit inside kerb and wheelie the shit out of the exit down the little dip :).

actually Alex,i can email you my Aim Data file,you can then overlay it with yours (assuming you had your solodl on then?),that by far the best way to compare what i'm doing comapred to you

thats basically it tbh,turn 2 is a very late apex,the end of the curbing almost at the white triangle,then whilst flicking bike over,short shift to 3rd,hard on throttle,if you get the line right it's a near enough full throttle all the way round till your tipping in for turn 4 (which if your uber quick is 1 line all from turn 2,for me it's a definate tip in though,as tipping in for turn 4,off throttle only slightly to get bike into the apex,as soon as i know i'm going to hit it,pick throttle up and nail it,no feeding gently,it's a full on to the stop.a little tip i was given for the exit of turn 4 is,as soon as you start to exit,look as far left as you can,look at the wall on the left hand side of the track,it's susprising how much easier it makes the exit,depending on gearing i'll hold 3rd all the way to sito (turn 5),making sure i run the kerb on the left side,shoot past the 1st apex,still on the brakes to about mid track (although it does vary a lot haha) then pick throttle up,hit inside kerb and wheelie the shit out of the exit down the little dip :).
some boy :-]

i'm the fastest person around there...in my own head at least :)

actually Alex,i can email you my Aim Data file,you can then overlay it with yours (assuming you had your solodl on then?),that by far the best way to compare what i'm doing comapred to you

Will PM you.
Only time I went I had the HP datalogger. But it's all good. I have both systems and can view them side-by-side.

Back