Installing a handlebar grip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a new grip on left side of handlebar and having problems sliding it into the desired position. I managed to slid it fully on handlebar, but I would like to move it a bit further and can't.

Are there any tips and tricks to do that?

In theory I can spary some wd40 under, but would I be able to fixate it after?

You should be using grip glue, it lets you slip the grip on and then holds it in place, don?t use WD40 or it will never stay on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just spray some hair spray down there,will slide up no problem,plus leaves no residue like wd etc so wont slip afterwards,always a good idea to lock wire for peice of mind also.

or if you have acces to a compressor,just stick a nozzle up the grip,give a bit of air,and will slide on,this is my first choice,but depends if you have a comp.

just spray some hair spray down there,will slide up no problem,plus leaves no residue like wd etc so wont slip afterwards,always a good idea to lock wire for peice of mind also.

or if you have acces to a compressor,just stick a nozzle up the grip,give a bit of air,and will slide on,this is my first choice,but depends if you have a comp.
I did a hair spray on the first attempt and I couldn't even slide it 1/4 of the grip. Had to remove it, clean it and try without it.

Remove the grip again and put it in near boiling water for a few minutes to soften it up then spray hair spray inside and quickly mount while the grip is still hot...

Worked fine for me with heated grips...

Remove the grip again and put it in near boiling water for a few minutes to soften it up then spray hair spray inside and quickly mount while the grip is still hot...

Worked fine for me with heated grips...
Thanks! I will try that tomorrow. Completely forgot about the heat gun.

I used surgical alcohol last time and it worked a treat.

if it gets stuck half way and wont budge back or forward you can gently slide a screw driver up between the grip and handlebar and spray some more gunk further up there , this should loosen it up enough for you to position it where you want it.

Back