Greeting from The Garden of England, 1st time RR owner.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M12 OFR

Reaction score
Hello Boys and Gals,

My adventure so far, picked up my bike from North oxford, Monday the 3rd. Stood for over four hours for recovery on Thursday night in East London, got a wobble from the rear. In the excitement of finally owning a RR, didn't check it over. The chain was filthy. Check the tyre pressure, that was fine, thought it wasmotorway wind.
Had a wobble in traffic, so decided that was enough. Got home way past my bedtime. "your bike will be with the dealer soon as they open" I was told. Didn't get there till 4:30 on Friday afternoon, only found that out after trying to get through to Tunbridge Wells since 8:30 in the morning, someone in service finally answered around 5.today the technician is all booked so they will check it Monday.

So yeah.... Hi everyone.

Omer

Welcome to the forum Omar.

Sorry to hear you?ve had a unfortunate initial experience, can you provide more information about the ?wobble??

- Oli

I thought it was the tyre pressure or me just being a idiot on the throttle and the dtc is just giving up sending the signal, pressure was fine. the best way i can describe it is, if you were to kick your rear tyre, the way that sort of shakes the bar. i dont know how to attach photos , but i took pictures of the chain of how i picked it up and after a clean, looked like two different brands.

Hi omar. Welcome to the forum and thanks for your support. Sorry to read about your bike issues, hopefully they will get sorted asap?

Is the r9t in the pic thread yours, and if so how do you find it?

The R9T is one of my family members, the sound is awesome. Riding position is awesome, very easy on the wrist and arse. Feels almost like a naked on the motorway but not to bad. Engine braking is ideal around town, hardly have to use brakes, on the motorway its a bit harsh. Filtering is really good considering the boxer engine sticks out a qtr of a mile each side.
If you ride them back to back you will appreciate how good the RR is a all rounder.

Just got a call from the coopers tunbridge wells. trying to bill me 554.08 for a front new tyre because it has uneven wear and chain and sprockets dont have any slack so those need to be replaced. I bought the bike from north oxford bmw, my argument is they shouldn't of sold me bike which wasn't road worthy. How much of wear could of caused in two days?

Wow that chain looks terrible as does everything around it, that bike has not had much love. If it was me I would be on the phone to North Oxford! Something has gone very wrong with their sales process to let you take that bike away. I have never seen an approved used bike sold in anywhere near that condition. Did you not notice when you collected it?

Back