First malfunction

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noxx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just a heads up in case any of you guys run into the same issue.

I've spent most of the afternoon on my new bike and everything was great until the electronics started malfunctioning. Everything that's controlled by the switches on the left side of the handlebar died on me. Indicators, hazards, high beams, multicontrol, horn etc. Switched the ignition off and on multiple times and nothing helped. Decided to disconnect the battery and wait about 30 seconds, then I reconnected the negative terminal and everything went back to normal. Really effing weird.

I will go to BMW and have them check for error codes and then revert with what they said.

noxx

BMW didn't seem to be too concerned about it. They said they will 'investigate it' during the 1000km break in service. Will get back to you guys in 800km so...

I mentioned this to my dealer today and he was surprised.

They had 30-40 bikes out at Portimao for the launch in the early spring being ragged by everyone and all the bikes were fine.

Very odd.

I mentioned this to my dealer today and he was surprised.

They had 30-40 bikes out at Portimao for the launch in the early spring being ragged by everyone and all the bikes were fine.

Very odd.

It must have been some sort of software glitch as opposed to loose connectors etc. I noticed that the bike also dropped the BT connection to my phone at the same time. I just hope that BMW will be able to see some sort of error code and they rectify it then.

Sounds like a software update?s in order, wonder if this can be done by the owners? Even if it?s dire it?ll be better than my RS Focus? Sync 3 😂

Stuff like this is common on brand new first off the line vehicles for everybrand. Probably a software update avail in a few weeks to sort it. The joys of all electronics being on CANBUS and being ecu controlled instead of physical wiring/relays

Sounds like a software update’s in order, wonder if this can be done by the owners? Even if it’s dire it’ll be better than my RS Focus’ Sync 3 

Ive an RS as well and the head unit is absolutely pish, I've had the dealer look at it 3/4 times and they always say it just needed an update. Mines is out of warranty late January so wil be back before then to try and finally get a new head unit.

Back