New bike or can the S1000rr be made comfortable?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having had my S1000RR for coming up 5 years I don't want to part with it, I wouldn't consider a S1000R as I want something with a fairing otherwise an Aprilia Tuono Factory would be sitting in may garage. If I change it needs to be compact, fully faired, quick enough without needing to be mental but. most of all comfy, my friends GSX fitted most parts and the F version gives me the fairing but if at all possible I want to keep my S1K

I part-exed my 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory for my S1000RR mainly because of the lack of wind protection - best road bike I've ever owned and would still have it if I didn't want to try a big bore sports bike on track.

I part-exed my 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory for my S1000RR mainly because of the lack of wind protection - best road bike I've ever owned and would still have it if I didn't want to try a big bore sports bike on track.

Now that would've tempted me, did you advertise it on here first?

Now that would've tempted me, did you advertise it on here first?

No - I didn't join here until after I'd bought my S1RR. Although they have a half fairing - and I fitted a double bubble screen which helped - there was still too much buffeting at speed for me. I was either going to fit clip-ons / rear sets and track it or p-ex it as I did. It is the only bike I've owned in 35+ years of road riding that I'd buy again and as I said, if I didn't want to try a late model litre bike on track, I'd still have it.

I've got a KTM but also test rode a Tuono Factory, unless there's a serious headwind I've had no problems at all with no fairing riding up to 100mph, above that of course you need to get your head down. So on the road unless you're going to be regularly hitting 3 figure speeds having a naked really isn't a problem..

Last edited:
I've got a KTM but also test rode a Tuono Factory, unless there's a serious headwind I've had no problems at all with no fairing riding up to 100mph, above that of course you need to get your head down. So on the road unless you're going to be regularly hitting 3 figure speeds having a naked really isn't a problem..
Same thing here. Riding Superduke 1290 is perfectly fine at 160kph no headwinds at all.

Totally agree............it was fine up to those kind of speeds....................

Back