test ride s1000 RR M sport bike drop

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its shit but think of it like it was your bike you would you be like it's only a small frame/muffler scratch?

I bet you wouldn't. At the end of the day bike has to sell at some stage and it has to be pristine.

If they sed to me I'd only have to pay 1000 for any s1000rr crash I'd be delighted

I went & saw new bike at local dealers yesterday. Their demo was a sport with forged wheel option and they also had an M sport which they kindly bought out of the workshop for me(it was awaiting customer collection) What I noticed on it is that the fairing and frame at the top are very exposed.(Mind I thought the same on the Gen 3 I had that I got knocked off last year. I had evotech bobbins on that I went down at 60ish the bike just slid down the road and that was written off. I think the ilmberger protectors were probably best protection for that model as they basically covered the engine hanger triangular part of the frame) I dont think I would buy a Gen4 without being able to fit frame protectors. It's no wonder with prices like the dealer quoted for a dropped bike repair that some of the insurance quotes are being bandied about. Insurance companies only replace never repair.

hi , l know what you mean but it was only an almost stationary drop , scratches on muffler would just polish out & claiming front frame replacement for a few scratches seemed harsh to say least , at end of day my fault so guess will just suck it up & move on , cheers
If the damage is not that bad ask them if you can swap your bike on order for the demo and save the ?1000. :eagerness:

Back