S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From memory there is def a reflector on the rear just hidden by the angle of the pic. It?s legal to ha e a rear reflector but a lot don?t bother.... the evotech tail tidy gives u the reflectors but look naff so I will prob just won?t bother

If you want to be legal buy an R&G reflector extender kit (?20), it mounts on the number plate bolts so works just fine on the Evotech tail tidy, the brackets allow you to hang a reflector just below the number plate and as its adjustable it works on smaller plates too

Last edited:
I phoned Lind Mottorad today to order the BMW High Screen as I'm not that happy with the MRA screen in terms of wind deflection and fitting. They had one in stock so are shipping it across today. However, he mentioned they are also closing after today. Wollaston Motorrad in Northampton and Sytner BMW closing from COB today onwards also.

I phoned Lind Mottorad today to order the BMW High Screen as I'm not that happy with the MRA screen in terms of wind deflection and fitting. They had one in stock so are shipping it across today. However, he mentioned they are also closing after today. Wollaston Motorrad in Northampton and Sytner BMW closing from COB today onwards also.

my MRA is perfect, fit and deflection. infact best ive had.

Tbh I have to ask the question if they can?t see ur rear lights what?s the point of a reflector lol if they are that blind they shouldn?t be on the road! Lol

You can buy a stick on reflector about an inch diameter and put it directly on the bottom of your number plate. I used to do this regularly to pass an mot.

They're expecting the lights to fuse...........as it's a BMW and they're so unreliable these days. :apthy:

Did my first journey in the dark last night, bloody hell the lights are good. I genuinely cant wait to get this limiter off. It just feels like its spoiling the fun now haha. I thought I'd be terrified riding this bike but it just feels so 'right', the handling is perfect.

Cotswold is performing servicing only for key workers only and have provided an emergency email address. Text taken from Facebook post

THE LATEST NEWS ON COVID-19 AT COTSWOLD MOTOR GROUP.

In light of the Government?s announcement on Monday 23rd March, we have temporarily closed our dealerships with immediate effect. Our BMW, MINI and Motorrad sales departments are closed; however enquiries can be made through our websites.

Although we are closed in service, we are offering an emergency service to our keyworker customers and are aware that some may currently have their vehicle in one of our workshops. If you are a keyworker, please contact us at: [email protected], so we can endeavour to book your emergency service or return your car to you, but we must ensure that we do this in a safe and compliant manner.

Our parts department is also open for key service by appointment only.

Our Bodyshop is closed for new work; however keyworkers have been contacted to ensure that their vehicle is completed for them.

If you are not a keyworker and have questions about your vehicle that is currently in our workshop, please also contact us via [email protected]. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

We thank you for your understanding and ask that you please bear with us during this unprecedented time.

Stay safe and keep smiling.

Further updates will be posted here: https://www.cotswoldgroup.com/news/covid-19-virus-updates/

Who said you can't use your bike? As long as you're social distancing, if you need to get from A to B and on that day your means of travel choice happens to be a bike over a car, to pick up some essentials like medicine, milk or bread from the Supermarket, then why can't you use your bike?
I know there's probably ways round it and I've been debating whether to just go out on it,but it wouldn't be good if the worst happens and I have an accident and take up valuable NHS resources,plus it'll be hard to explain why I'm 60 miles from home up the lakes buying a pint of milk haha.
I guess you're using yours,I'm curious what others are doing, maybe I'm over thinking it...

I know there's probably ways round it and I've been debating whether to just go out on it,but it wouldn't be good if the worst happens and I have an accident and take up valuable NHS resources,plus it'll be hard to explain why I'm 60 miles from home up the lakes buying a pint of milk haha.
I guess you're using yours,I'm curious what others are doing, maybe I'm over thinking it...

I think only using your bike for essential journeys is the right thing to do. Still nice to get out, even if it is only going to the local shops for essentials.

schuey only sits on it and makes motorbike engine noises....doesn?t want to get his carbon dirty lol

I was using mine for social riding (on my own of course and not meeting anyone) up until Sunday. Since yesterday the goal posts have moved and so now I will be using mine whenever I can but just for essential journeys, at least then I won't feel guilty and at the same time satisfied, albeit mildly that I've got to ride the bikes a little.

Back