S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1, my thoughts exactly, I could not trade a bike in without riding home on a new one.

This situation is very frustrating for the buyers, I wonder how many potential owners have been put off or indeed cancelled thier order?

I know of at least 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats my thoughts but I'm not sure I could cope with losing the cornering performance and being so big and heavy. I had a KTM 1290Adv which I traded in for my RR a few years ago and that was XR performance but massive and too much of a switch from the sports bike.

Try a GSA LC. I think you will be surprised just how capable they are. I was not a fan until I tried one then bought one and ran it for 4 years, did a lot of trips on it and it never missed a beat and I can?t remember ever thinking the cornering was an issue, I scraped the pegs on
mine lol. The centre of gravity is so low down the bike handles far better than you would expect. They have a bad image because all the old skool bmw beardos ride them (like jessies). Probably the best all round bike I?ve ever had.

I?d piss myself if Yamaha revealed a new all singing all dancing R1M that was better than this new Beemer just as orders were about to be fulfilled at the end of the year and people started cancelling them in favour of the Yamaha.
It would be nothing short of what BMW deserve.

I’d piss myself if Yamaha revealed a new all singing all dancing R1M that was better than this new Beemer just as orders were about to be fulfilled at the end of the year and people started cancelling them in favour of the Yamaha.
It would be nothing short of what BMW deserve.

I understand your frustration but life's too short to get stressed over it, enjoy your other bikes until the gen4 turns up or go and buy a V4 Duc/Priller. BMW might piss a few people off but they're going to sell as many S1K's as they can build.

I understand your frustration but life's too short to get stressed over it, enjoy your other bikes until the gen4 turns up or go and buy a V4 Duc/Priller. BMW might piss a few people off but they're going to sell as many S1K's as they can build.

They might not if they can?t get them out the door by the end of the year.
Other manufacturers will be well aware of the situation and be looking to take advantage.

Yamaha are probably the only ones in a position to benefit on the larger scale, whereas Ducati are probably benefiting the most at present from cancelled orders.

I can?t see the Ducati or even the new Ape causing significant cancellations of the BMW, but a new R1 could if the timings add up.

Reading that letter that?s been posted, it would seem that there?s a huge proportion of the orders unlikely to be here until the end of the year.
There?s bound to be new models announced at EICMA in November which might change peoples minds. After all who wants a bike in October, never mind November or December.

Yeah but an R1's a different proposition to an S1000RR and I'd argue appeals to a different kind of rider. I've only ridden the current R1 briefly and really liked it, however its a very focussed bit of kit for the road and didn't tick enough boxes for me to be my only bike. Maybe the next R1 will be a better all rounder (I doubt it) but I don't see many defecting from the S1K waiting list to get one.

Last edited:
I?m thinking I might take advantage of free touring miles and tick off a few destinations I?ve been wanting to do for a while but didn?t want to rack up the mileage on my bikes or car. I Just test rode the GS Adventure. It?s a big old boat and not enough of a hooligans tool for me. I took an S1000XR out afterwards and felt much more at home despite vibey bars. I think that despite the situation being a bit depressing its an impressive gesture from BMW. If you?re really using the bikes then you could do thousands of miles of riding with out paying a thing other than petrol. I?d not considered touring at all lately as I?m not into putting the mileage on a sports bike but now I?m thinking I will do some long weekend blasts down to the Alps or the Dolomites!

Last edited:
I would imagine they could sell all 10 :-]

I was at my local dealers today to have a look at the new bike.
They had an m sport. Looked lovely, don?t know about that seat though, ha ha.
Anyway I asked if I could ride it it. The salesman told me I couldn?t. He had an email from Germany last week telling him not to use it as it was one of a faulty batch made with the drilling of the oil ways to short. He is waiting on an answer as how they are going to fix this.
He told me if I wanted one it would be the end of the year before they could get one. Said they were surprised by the amount of people wanting the m sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All this moaning and whinging about delivery delays is getting really boring. Mines been put back from sept to oct, I am bothered, NO. It'll come when it comes, life's to short to be worried about a bike delivery. I'll just keep hold of my gen 3 till it arrives then trade it. People going on about cancelling orders and buying competitor bikes either the inferior r1 or the overpriced Ducati, bmw will still sell bucket loads of the s1k when it finally arrives. Btw didn't Yamaha release the r1 then recall them with dodgy gearboxes meaning they were off the road for a few weeks.

I was talking to Bahnstormers about the same thing. I'd much rather BMW sorted the issue now than gloss over it and have failures later. I'm wondering if this is the reason for the failures of high powered engines in World Superbike and BSB? It would be nice to know it was and that the 1st generation engine was able to cope with big power like the Gen 3 can.

All this moaning and whinging about delivery delays is getting really boring. Mines been put back from sept to oct, I am bothered, NO. It'll come when it comes, life's to short to be worried about a bike delivery. I'll just keep hold of my gen 3 till it arrives then trade it. People going on about cancelling orders and buying competitor bikes either the inferior r1 or the overpriced Ducati, bmw will still sell bucket loads of the s1k when it finally arrives. Btw didn't Yamaha release the r1 then recall them with dodgy gearboxes meaning they were off the road for a few weeks.
At least they got to the road

Back