S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Running In

I dont have my M sport yet, however, with regards to ?running in?, my dealer has advise that the rev limit is set to 6k for the first 600 mile, then in for a service then they let it loose.

there seems to be a difference of opinions regarding this

You'll soon find out where it is when you headbutt the screen.

I think there is a 'cold' limit and then the running in limit.
6k cold
9k running in

Is that correct?

- Alex

Regarding fitting the motografix tank pad. Best tip is, make sure the bike is upright. I know that seems obvious but the amount of people i have seen with squint pads due to not having a paddock stand. I start with the lowest part, lining it up with the seat line. Good eyesight.

there is no limiter on the bike, you can redline from the go. this is why the dealers run in there own bikes now. :)

Mine has a limiter on it set at 9K which gets removed at run in.... Was the same with my previous RR's.

I was laughing when you said they won?t be on long :)
I like the power rs i thought the grip is ok in the cold snd the wet all things considered. I couldn?t get on with the metzlers at all I had to take them off someone said try the rs and since then had them on my last 3 bikes, my brother thought it was great as he got free metzlers ... but he couldn?t get on with them either and switched to bridgestones then. I guess each time their own :).

I'm surprised it was delivered with RS's as they have been superseded by Power 5's.

Re: Running In

I dont have my M sport yet, however, with regards to ?running in?, my dealer has advise that the rev limit is set to 6k for the first 600 mile, then in for a service then they let it loose.

there seems to be a difference of opinions regarding this

As others have said, it comes from the factory with a 9k limit which is removed at the first service. You are not supposed to go over 7k for the first ~300 miles, and cannot go over 9k until the limiter is removed. There is also a temperature related limit which is shown on the dash. The running-in limiter is not shown on the dash.

This is not an opinion.

Mine has a limiter on it set at 9K which gets removed at run in.... Was the same with my previous RR's.

thats interesting so why when i asked my dealer when i collected mine yesterday did he say theres no limiters on them now, i know the old ones did as ive had 4 of them that did. he defo siad the gen 4 dosnt and thats why they run the bike in them selves on the demos. suppose i will find out for myself on mine soon anyway.:)

Last edited:
thats interesting so why when i asked my dealer when i collected mine yesterday did he say theres no limiters on them now, i know the old ones did as ive had 4 of them that did. he defo siad the gen 4 dosnt and thats why they run the bike in them selves on the demos. suppose i will find out for myself on mine soon anyway.:)

Thats a new one to me too.

in the manual, it makes no mention of a limiter either. just no full load from 0 to 1000 km,. this to me suggests you can full load in that period but dont.. (i wont be trying this anyway.lol)

Last edited:
in the manual, it makes no mention of a limiter either. just no full load from 0 to 1000 km,. this to me suggests you can full load in that period but dont.. (i wont be trying this anyway.lol)

I am intrigued. When can you start her up?

Sees R25sti run off to the garage for the 1000th time today to start her up and check.....lol

Mixed reports tonight....I'll have a check on youtube...def know that BVG hit the limiter but suspect that may have been on gen3...

Back