S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Noxx i think youve maybe took the first one in the "whole" country...but i do know that there is an M sport ready for delivery in belfast, with a fair few bits from the accessories catalogue including an Akra carbon pipe and carbon goodies. just not sure if the customers gotten it yet, but health to enjoy lad it looks awesome!

I am definitely the first one in the ROI. I hope that changes soon, would be nice to see more of these beauties on the roads.

Nice one Noxx i think youve maybe took the first one in the "whole" country...but i do know that there is an M sport ready for delivery in belfast, with a fair few bits from the accessories catalogue including an Akra carbon pipe and carbon goodies. just not sure if the customers gotten it yet, but health to enjoy lad it looks awesome!

Hi guys,
just a quick update: I HAVE MY BIKE!!!! Picked it up this morning. It's the M Sport :)
Will post some pictures later today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
noxx

Brilliant, enjoy.

Congratulations!

On the pic of the screen showing the revs as red halfway along, is that because of the running in limiter?

There is a running in limiter for definite. Press bikes are being delivered pre-run in...the MCN bike had about 450miles on it when delivered...it now has 1450 after 5 days.

- Alex

Thank you!

Yes, it's limited to 9k RPM for the first 1000km. But the redline also changes based on engine temp. Right now, the bike is cold and the redline starts at 4k RPM (does not mean it's limited to 4k though), once the engine is a bit warmer, it changes back to the actual redline. Bit of a 'please be nice to me while I am getting up to operating temperature' :)

Congratulations!

On the pic of the screen showing the revs as red halfway along, is that because of the running in limiter?

My scheduled delivery date was 1st week in July (last checked 2 weeks ago). Spoke to my dealer this morning to get an update and, to my horror, found out it's been moved out to October! He said he would look into it and phone me back....

Just had a call and he said all of his orders have been pushed back and it is "nationwide". It may take a couple of days to get clarification from BMW. Anybody else been given bad news???

I was a bike cafe yesterday and BMW Chandlers Brighton had a load of bike and the new Gen 4. I had a quick look around the bike - not to my fancy to be honest, only the screen looks sexy... not a fan of the integrated mirror/lights or the rear indicators/brake lights.... I was offered a ride, but it would have been a limited 30 minute ride with someone leading.... passed on the offer..

Anyhow, i said i knew a few people who had ordered but due to the delivery dates constantly being moved, people have cancelled ordered... he said it was due to the lack of quality carbon for the wheels that is causing the delay....??

I was a bike cafe yesterday and BMW Chandlers Brighton had a load of bike and the new Gen 4. I had a quick look around the bike - not to my fancy to be honest, only the screen looks sexy... not a fan of the integrated mirror/lights or the rear indicators/brake lights.... I was offered a ride, but it would have been a limited 30 minute ride with someone leading.... passed on the offer..

Anyhow, i said i knew a few people who had ordered but due to the delivery dates constantly being moved, people have cancelled ordered... he said it was due to the lack of quality carbon for the wheels that is causing the delay....??

It won't be a lack of carbon in my case, my order is not an m sport.

My scheduled delivery date was 1st week in July (last checked 2 weeks ago). Spoke to my dealer this morning to get an update and, to my horror, found out it's been moved out to October! He said he would look into it and phone me back....

Just had a call and he said all of his orders have been pushed back and it is "nationwide". It may take a couple of days to get clarification from BMW. Anybody else been given bad news???

That does suck if it's changed in the last 2 weeks as it seemed like all the bad news had been delivered previously.
When did you order out of interest?

he said the non- M Sport are a couple of weeks lead time.... but who knows when the wind changes again.... May be worth asking a few dealers...? (which you probably already done)

That does suck if it's changed in the last 2 weeks as it seemed like all the bad news had been delivered previously.
When did you order out of interest?
I was told off a dealer 2 months ago oct / nov at the earliest , this seems an absolute joke.

Mate of mine asked the local dealer for a delivery date if ordered now and they said Q1 2020 - seems like I got EXTREMELY lucky with my delivery last Tuesday

Back