S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep thinking about getting one but I?m just not sure?? I still think there are more issues than bmw are letting on, what with the vibrations through the bars and with such a low number of bikes being made something just doesn?t sound right to me????? That said though if they make the paint scheme better then I would take the risk

I?m aware that others have noted vibration - mirrors and bars etc, but I didn?t note anything with mine, and I was mindful of it when I set off for yesterday?s first ride. Torque, turn-in and suspension / electronics refinement are all good reasons for swapping a 3 for a 4. The shifter?s not as good on the new one until you get a move on - it?s crap at low revs.

I?m aware that others have noted vibration - mirrors and bars etc, but I didn?t note anything with mine, and I was mindful of it when I set off for yesterday?s first ride. Torque, turn-in and suspension / electronics refinement are all good reasons for swapping a 3 for a 4. The shifter?s not as good on the new one until you get a move on - it?s crap at low revs.
You don't get any vibrations around 8k RPM???

Hi, I don't own a Gen 4 but own a Gen 3 2015 and there's zero vibration on mine, to the point I removed the ridiculously heavy bar end weights and 12mm bolts and put plastic bar ends on. But I hear other Gen 3 owners moaning about Vibes. When I used to race for Honda in Supersport 600 and 400 I used to go through their parts bins at (then) Power Road, Chiswick and measure and weigh pistons, rods etc to get everything the same i.e blueprint. I think it's the luck of the draw on how balanced the parts are in each engine off the production line. IMHO. J

Just back from 2nd ride and can now see the issue, clearly didn?t get to 8k yesterday due to traffic but mirrors were vibing tonight. Nothing through the bars but then I?m still running it in so no big fistful as of yet. Mindful of the clutch after stalling it on the drive but avoided further issue when out on the road.

howmanyleft.co.uk has the current number of M Sports registered as 5. These are not impressive production figures.

How many left is always a bit ropey - relies on V5 descriptions, but even ignoring all BMW registered press and demo bikes, they?ve had months of production. Multiply it by 5. By 10. Still looks wrong.

Changed my order today from the M Sport to the Sport with Performance Pack in the Hockenheim Silver! Something about that retro colouring combined with awesome power has pulled me in.

Unless I am mistaken the only difference between the M and the Sport with PP will be the seat, the carbon wheels (I prefer forged) and the drift control (which at my level is unlikely to be utilised) but correct me if I am wrong?

It makes no difference to delivery time but I am very relaxed about it and will possibly delay myself to March 2020 now anyway.

Changed my order today from the M Sport to the Sport with Performance Pack in the Hockenheim Silver! Something about that retro colouring combined with awesome power has pulled me in.

Unless I am mistaken the only difference between the M and the Sport with PP will be the seat, the carbon wheels (I prefer forged) and the drift control (which at my level is unlikely to be utilised) but correct me if I am wrong?

It makes no difference to delivery time but I am very relaxed about it and will possibly delay myself to March 2020 now anyway.

I think you are right about the spec differences (I've also got Sport with PP on order).

Out of interest, what delivery date have you been given?

I think you are right about the spec differences (I've also got Sport with PP on order).

I have not even enquired about a delivery date but suspecting October / November hence why I will probably delay to March 2020 anyway.

Last edited:

I think the performance pack with give you identical electronics to the M - no difference. Good luck with your drifting!

I think the performance pack with give you identical electronics to the M - no difference. Good luck with your drifting!

The M definitely has the drift feature which the PP does not

I can drift fairly well on an XBox. Not that assured on a ?20k motorbike

Drift?

Pro Riding modes can be added to any bike. See page 37 of the accessory catalogue. PDF on this page https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/wear/accessories.html

PRO RIDING MODES RETROFIT KIT
(NOT SHOWN)
Pro riding modes make the bike fully race-ready with three additional RACE Pro modes and many racing extras. In addition to the individually configurable modes, they include three additional Core Ride Screens and extras such as Launch Control, Pitlane Limiter, Hill Start Control Pro, Dynamic Brake Control and DTC Shift with Slide Control.

I genuinely don't know why dealers don't push the accessories list under buyer's noses.

Drift?

Pro Riding modes can be added to any bike. See page 37 of the accessory catalogue. PDF on this page https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/wear/accessories.html

PRO RIDING MODES RETROFIT KIT
(NOT SHOWN)
Pro riding modes make the bike fully race-ready with three additional RACE Pro modes and many racing extras. In addition to the individually configurable modes, they include three additional Core Ride Screens and extras such as Launch Control, Pitlane Limiter, Hill Start Control Pro, Dynamic Brake Control and DTC Shift with Slide Control.

I genuinely don't know why dealers don't push the accessories list under buyer's noses.

Sorry I meant Slide control (Drift to us Mancunian joyriders) which is what I gauged from the model variants on the website but looks like what you have posted contradicts that!

So in summary the difference (bar colour) between the M Package and the Sport with PP is the carbon wheels and the M seat?

Sorry I meant Slide control (Drift to us Mancunian joyriders) which is what I gauged from the model variants on the website but looks like what you have posted contradicts that!

So in summary the difference (bar colour) between the M Package and the Sport with PP is the carbon wheels and the M seat?

Lithium battery on the M Sport too

Back