S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for posting the link.

Interesting BMW UK state that all customers , who pre-ordered have received a letter explains delays etc, I still haven’t received mine, despite asking my dealer for the letter.
Yeah because your dealer doesn't want you to cancel based on that letter. Put the screws to him and if that doesn't help then get onto BMW UK.

Yeah because your dealer doesn't want you to cancel based on that letter. Put the screws to him and if that doesn't help then get onto BMW UK.

Thank you, totally agree bud.

I spoke with the dealer again today and was told that he hasn?t sent the letters out as the pre ordered customers haven?t gone by their agreed delivery date??

I?ve had numerous dates given me, now August, so he classed it as not delayed? I put a deposit down, April last year.

I explained that my understanding of the direction from BMW UK is that all pre order customers, who have not received their orders, will be issued the ?500 retailer credit.

I have contacted BMW UK just for complete clarification and inform the dealer again.

The dealer did also say that the dates have, as of yesterday, changed again but may change again as directed by Germany?

Thank you, totally agree bud.

I spoke with the dealer again today and was told that he hasn?t sent the letters out as the pre ordered customers haven?t gone by their agreed delivery date??

I?ve had numerous dates given me, now August, so he classed it as not delayed? I put a deposit down, April last year.

I explained that my understanding of the direction from BMW UK is that all pre order customers, who have not received their orders, will be issued the ?500 retailer credit.

I have contacted BMW UK just for complete clarification and inform the dealer again.

The dealer did also say that the dates have, as of yesterday, changed again but may change again as directed by Germany?
Your dealer is full of crap. If you?ve put down the deposit in April 2018, then your bike is long overdue as orders made in November 2018 had a delivery date of June and even earlier. Get onto Ben Perry @ BMW Motorrad UK and start making some serious noise. The more BMW UK is made aware of how dodgy their dealers are the better.

In terms of changing delivery dates, they do change. There?s finally some movement. 2 or three lads on the German S1000RR forum are finally getting their bikes. So looks like they are/have worked through the May delays.

Last edited:
Also popped into dealer today for update area manager also there was shown email from BMW stating dealers instructed not to discuss delivery dates with current or future customers.😡

March delivery? Wow.
Starting to think next year wouldn't be that bad. Might have got the build issues fixed by then.

Well I'm now very glad I decided against holding out for mine.
Just picked up my brand new V4S today, just wow.

Can we have a poll or something to show how many bikes have actually been delivered? THe BMW uk letter said 10 but that was a while ago.

I know from my dealer there are at least 3 M sports awaiting delivery, i think mine is the earliest deposit of these 3, in November 2018. Has production picked up?

Can we have a poll or something to show how many bikes have actually been delivered? THe BMW uk letter said 10 but that was a while ago.

I know from my dealer there are at least 3 M sports awaiting delivery, i think mine is the earliest deposit of these 3, in November 2018. Has production picked up?

There?s at least 2 in Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There?s at least 2 in Scotland

Was your order an early one? BMW said they were delivering on first placed order basis and Scotland is part of the UK. For now at least.

It is but still a country all the same lol if it was there is at least two in the UK that?s a very General statement [emoji13].

Anyway come October the UK will not be the UK any more [emoji23] #wereofbacktotheStoneAge [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ocotber 31st - a no deal Brexit = +6% tariff on European motorbikes.
I had this discussion with my dealer back when it seemed there was a slight chance it wouldn't get delivered before March 31st....

There is currently a pre owned 2019 Gen 4 bike on eBay for ?29,995 if anyone is interested!!

Talk about supply and demand!
That probably has nothing to do with supply demand but the guy is just trying to earn $$ on reselling.

I've still not had The Letter. I asked the dealer and I've emailed Motorrad Customer Service to tell them my dealer hasn't forwarded it to me but they haven't replied either.
I've had better customer service ordering sunglasses online.

I've still not had The Letter. I asked the dealer and I've emailed Motorrad Customer Service to tell them my dealer hasn't forwarded it to me but they haven't replied either.
I've had better customer service ordering sunglasses online.
Lol

Back