S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lads, there is exactly two ways of dealing with facts you cannot change.
1. You accept them and save yourself a metric **** ton of headache.
2. You get angry and your quality of life drops significantly while the facts remain unchanged.
I know it’s easy for me to say this since I already have my scrotch rocket, but trust me, I have been in the very same situation before.

There are reports of bikes being delivered shortly that were built in June, so things are moving. And just because your estimated delivery date is sometime in October, does not mean it will be October. Bear in mind, my estimated delivery date was December at one stage. Just pop some cold ones, lean back, convince your sandwich maker to try a new position and before you know it you’ll sit on the most uncomfortable seat in human history. :)

Lads, there is exactly two ways of dealing with facts you cannot change.
1. You accept them and save yourself a metric **** ton of headache.
2. You get angry and your quality of life drops significantly while the facts remain unchanged.
I know it?s easy for me to say this since I already have my scrotch rocket, but trust me, I have been in the very same situation before.

There are reports of bikes being delivered shortly that were built in June, so things are moving. And just because your estimated delivery date is sometime in October, does not mean it will be October. Bear in mind, my estimated delivery date was December at one stage. Just pop some cold ones, lean back, convince your sandwich maker to try a new position and before you know it you?ll sit on the most uncomfortable seat in human history. :)

Believe me mate, I want to believe the bike will arrive this summer. I just have zero confidence in the dealers and BMW. Weird that, considering I?ve bought three RR?s in a row from the same dealer. Their doing unfortunately.

I know there?s not much we can do about it by moaning on here, but like you said, you?ve got yours, your frustration is over. I know your levels of frustration last week when you thought you might be affected by the engine recall. It?s like being told Christmas has been delayed. Multiple times. And I?m 5yo. I want my toy!! Waaaaahhhhh!! 😉

Believe me mate, I want to believe the bike will arrive this summer. I just have zero confidence in the dealers and BMW. Weird that, considering I’ve bought three RR’s in a row from the same dealer. Their doing unfortunately.

I know there’s not much we can do about it by moaning on here, but like you said, you’ve got yours, your frustration is over. I know your levels of frustration last week when you thought you might be affected by the engine recall. It’s like being told Christmas has been delayed. Multiple times. And I’m 5yo. I want my toy!! Waaaaahhhhh!! 
Moaning is absolutely okay. That’s what this board is for to some
extend. I just want to prevent you guys from making decisions that you will regret later on (cancelling your orders). Look at this from BMW’s perspective. They’d rather tell you 12 weeks and surprise you in one instead of promising one and then pissing you off. A song pops up in my mind .. you can’t hurry love, you’ll just have to wait ... lalalala :))

Moaning is absolutely okay. That?s what this board is for to some
extend. I just want to prevent you guys from making decisions that you will regret later on (cancelling your orders). Look at this from BMW?s perspective. They?d rather tell you 12 weeks and surprise you in one instead of promising one and then pissing you off. A song pops up in my mind .. you can?t hurry love, you?ll just have to wait ... lalalala :))

One things for certain... I won?t be cancelling my order. I desperately want the M Sport. I?ve tried the competitors, V4S, Ape Factory, Gixxer, R1M, Blade SP and none of them measure up IMO, for different reasons. So I?ll just have to wait, it?s a game of give and take :friendly_wink:

One things for certain... I won’t be cancelling my order. I desperately want the M Sport. I’ve tried the competitors, V4S, Ape Factory, Gixxer, R1M, Blade SP and none of them measure up IMO, for different reasons. So I’ll just have to wait, it’s a game of give and take :friendly_wink:
That’s the spirit! I totally agree by the way, I think the others all have their areas of expertise whereas the M Sport ticks the boxes in all areas. I mean.. think about it.. the world’s best superbike comes with heated grips, turn by turn navigation and cruise control... surreal.

Moaning is absolutely okay. That’s what this board is for to some
extend. I just want to prevent you guys from making decisions that you will regret later on (cancelling your orders). Look at this from BMW’s perspective. They’d rather tell you 12 weeks and surprise you in one instead of promising one and then pissing you off. A song pops up in my mind .. you can’t hurry love, you’ll just have to wait ... lalalala :))
I disagree. If people are considering cancelling orders we should be actively encouraging them to do just that. Especially as I'm number 20 on the list at my dealer.

I'm not cancelling my order either and I'm not as bothered about delivery as I was before i had another bike but if my dealer is trying to surprise me with an early delivery he's missed the boat after promising Jan, March, June, August and now August - September.
I also like to think BMW's internal ordering system has more accuracy than "sometime in the next 5-13 weeks".

A cynical mind would suggest they've sold enough to satisfy WSB homologation and whet peoples appetites,now let's get back to our original intention of building our 2020 superbike.LOL.

My order has now been pushed back to October (from beginning of August)..
Would have been nice to have it for the last bit of British summer..
If not, I'll just end up paying for a bike that be parked up in the garage..
Don't even know if i'll get up to the 600 mile run in service to get it on a track abroad..
Looks like the MT10 is staying.

Moaning is absolutely okay. That?s what this board is for to some
extend. I just want to prevent you guys from making decisions that you will regret later on (cancelling your orders). Look at this from BMW?s perspective. They?d rather tell you 12 weeks and surprise you in one instead of promising one and then pissing you off. A song pops up in my mind .. you can?t hurry love, you?ll just have to wait ... lalalala :))

Had a proper good few hours on the M Sport today as a proper test ride. There is now zero chance of me cancelling 🤯

I got my letter the other week offering ?500 of my BMW S1K m sport that I cancelled about 4 months ago [emoji13] it went straight in the bin [emoji1005]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a proper good few hours on the M Sport today as a proper test ride. There is now zero chance of me cancelling 勞
Haha. This is exactly the same as my experience. I was still very much 50/50 due to cash flow until I test rode the bike a week before all these production issues started and decided I had to have one.

Just been to my dealer to check up on my bike
No loan bike as my order was placed after April
Got to take my current bike in Friday for a part exchange appraisal seeing as bmw are going to pick up the difference in value
They?d offered ?7250 when I ordered
Couldn?t give a date but they are thinking October/November
That?s fine with me

Back