S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds so ridiculous. Surely they note engine no. and which machine milled it.

You?d think so, quick traceability is a pretty fundamental element of manufacturing, mind you so is ensuring your products are made to specification...

You?d think so, quick traceability is a pretty fundamental element of manufacturing, mind you so is ensuring your products are made to specification...
Anyone ever watched the life of a single bolt at Redbull F1 Racing on youtube

- Alex

Great news ��
Are the dogs easy to spot ? As when the time comes to take mine it could be a deal breaker whether I accept it or not.
Yeah mate. See photo attached. The top row should not have 3 dots. The dot in the bottom row is fine too. 2D8701BB-11AB-4D91-9F6D-3B9A37C7A96B.jpeg

Attachments

• F2C39DC7-9D0E-4B79-8842-F5B71ADF2705.jpeg
    F2C39DC7-9D0E-4B79-8842-F5B71ADF2705.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Great news ��
Are the dogs easy to spot ? As when the time comes to take mine it could be a deal breaker whether I accept it or not.

You think that after stopping production for this issue, issuing recalls for potentially affected bikes that have been delivered, etc., BMW are still going to be sending out bikes with casings from that machine?

Got my official letter today too. Same as noxx. It is very clear that the problem is from a third party component part, not in house manufacturing. Anyway, ?500 credit at the dealership as an extra will do just fine.

You’d think so, quick traceability is a pretty fundamental element of manufacturing, mind you so is ensuring your products are made to specification...

I suspect bmw know exactly where the bad engines have gone to, but having the bike in for 1st service is an opportunity to visually confirm if it is ok or not. A database could have a wrong value in it, in this scenario it would be life threatening and not worth assuming all is 100% simply for the sake of a physical check.

You think that after stopping production for this issue, issuing recalls for potentially affected bikes that have been delivered, etc., BMW are still going to be sending out bikes with casings from that machine?

They could sort the issue on the machine and start full production again. Would you be happy with a bike with 3 dots so soon after the event. Especially as BMW don't seem to know the effected engines other from the stamp marks.

They could sort the issue on the machine and start full production again. Would you be happy with a bike with 3 dots so soon after the event. Especially as BMW don't seem to know the effected engines other from the stamp marks.
I don’t see the problem. All ‘3 dot bikes’ manufactured until the date they fixed the milling machine get new engines, and all 3 dot bikes manufactured after are fine.

Okay lads.... my bike is currently in the 1000km service and ... drumroll .... IT IS NOT AFFECTED. The milling machines emboss either one, two or three dots on the engine casing depending on which milling machine. 3 dots = bike is fucked and mine has only two.

Great news, enjoy your bike bud.

Not heard anything from my dealer today regarding delays etc, pissed off and cancelling tomorrow.
Going back to the idea of a V4S as I just want a new bike!

Got my official letter today too. Same as noxx. It is very clear that the problem is from a third party component part, not in house manufacturing. Anyway, ?500 credit at the dealership as an extra will do just fine.

What letter mate? Advising you of your delivery?

What letter mate? Advising you of your delivery?
BMW dealers are going to send a letter from BMW UK to their customers telling them that there will be delivery delays. All dealers have been instructed to send out the letter.

BMW dealers are going to send a letter from BMW UK to their customers telling them that there will be delivery delays. All dealers have been instructed to send out the letter.

Thanks mate. Interesting. I?ve had nothing so far apart from a verbal confirmation that my original trade in deal will be honoured. Eventually.

I got my letter yesterday. I now need to have the conversation with the dealer to see how it will affect the trade in we agreed. Originally he said they would honour the trade in in spite of any delays. Up to 30K mileage. I'm going to be well over that by end of August now

Back