S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the April then June dates changed I was told it would be week 32.There were then suggestions of further delays culminating in the likelihood of no bikes coming in until November'.

Guess what-I have just received my m-sport.What week is it now?.Week 32!!!

So chin up chaps,there's always hope.It's a bit like doing the lottery really.If your name comes out of the hat,you've cracked it.

Mine was built 12th June so some production obviously took place.Whether full production starts in August,of course,is another issue as they may still have limited supplies and a stronger desire to concentrate on some of their other models-who knows!

After the April then June dates changed I was told it would be week 32.There were then suggestions of further delays culminating in the likelihood of no bikes coming in until November'.

So chin up chaps,there's always hope.It's a bit like doing the lottery really.If your name comes out of the hat,you've cracked it.

Mine was built 12th June so some production obviously took place.Whether full production starts in August,of course,is another issue as they may still have limited supplies and a stronger desire to concentrate on some of their other models-who knows!
Congratulations buddy!! I hope you?ll enjoy your yoke!!! :)

Nice one - well in time for Jerez :D

Great News Baz, enjoy running it in :untroubled:

Hi Phil,hope your well mate.

No.I didn't particularly enjoy running it in-I did it yesterday-on the dyno!
Imagine sitting on the bike,going nowhere,across the sahara desert in tropical winds for 7 hours!

Hi Phil,hope your well mate.

No.I didn't particularly enjoy running it in-I did it yesterday-on the dyno!
Imagine sitting on the bike,going nowhere,across the sahara desert in tropical winds for 7 hours!
Doesnt it have cruise control?

Dyno's bill must have been tremendous

Last edited:
It?s good to hear others have ordered the Sport. I was starting to think it was just me.
i hadn?t ordered the performance pack (forged wheels & battery) but you?ve got me thinking now .

As I understand it, Sport and M Sport have exactly the same electronics and riding modes.

I?m presuming BMW will provide the red option regardless of when my bike arrives.

It?s good to hear others have ordered the Sport. I was starting to think it was just me.
i hadn?t ordered the performance pack (forged wheels & battery) but you?ve got me thinking now .

As I understand it, Sport and M Sport have exactly the same electronics and riding modes.

I?m presuming BMW will provide the red option regardless of when my bike arrives.

Sport and M Sport do not have the same riding modes. You need Performance Pack to bring Sport up to M Sport level.

Thats brilliant news Baz, enjoy.

Excuse me being an idiot, but do you literally mean 500 miles on a dyno? Varying revs etc?
Surely it's easier/cheaper just to ride it?!

Back