S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think only using your bike for essential journeys is the right thing to do. Still nice to get out, even if it is only going to the local shops for essentials.

Exactly, my point earlier was to say no one has specifically said you can't ride a motorcycle. For some, it's their only form of transport should they need to get somewhere. I suppose as long as no one is taking the mick, then you're ok for essential journeys in-line with Govt guidance. Eg, commuting in London for work on a bike is much better than the state of the tubes at the moment where you're barely 6 inches away from the next person.

schuey only sits on it and makes motorbike engine noises....doesn?t want to get his carbon dirty lol

Bloody hell Marc, I told you not to tell anyone! lol

Joking aside, I think that's the only way I'll have to get my motorcycle kicks now, will have to practice the different sounds of an in-line four vs that of a parallel twin, depending on what mood I'm in!

Lol mate I like our WhatsApp convos! Just don?t mention my
angle grinder being on standby for my knee sliders !

I was using mine for social riding (on my own of course and not meeting anyone) up until Sunday. Since yesterday the goal posts have moved and so now I will be using mine whenever I can but just for essential journeys, at least then I won't feel guilty and at the same time satisfied, albeit mildly that I've got to ride the bikes a little.
I think if I get on it I'll find it difficult not to have a proper blast out on it, for the sake of waiting a few weeks I'll probably just sit it out and hopefully things improve as quickly as possible.
Looks like it's sitting on it making motorbike engine noises for me too haha

From everything I?m hearing, it?s more likely to be a few months not weeks, I feel it?ll be September by the time we start to see some levels of normality. Think we can kiss our 2020 biking season goodbye :(

It is what it is though, just have to get through this crap.

Last edited:
Hello from Finland :joyous:

IMG_20200404_211536_269.jpg

Got my sweet 2020 S1000RR today and still in progress of installing goodies on it, of course I didn't have big enough Torx bits and all the stores were closed already :topsy_turvy: continuing tomorrow and hoping we here are not going to be locked down :nevreness:

Hello from Finland :joyous:

View attachment 5028

Got my sweet 2020 S1000RR today and still in progress of installing goodies on it, of course I didn't have big enough Torx bits and all the stores were closed already :topsy_turvy: continuing tomorrow and hoping we here are not going to be locked down :nevreness:

Great picture!

It was just taken with phone... I have to dig out my dslr and take even better ones :D

Great pic, ive not had the chance to get a good picture of mine yet, this lockdown is preventing me from getting it out. I'd of easily done my first service by now as well

Thanks all :)
I don't want to cause any more distress for you guys but I had nice two hour ride today :D
First service booked after Easter :love-struck: 9 days to go... I hope I don't have to hold back as there is only 1000km left before first service has to be done, that is just only 111km per day :hopelessness::rolleyes:

Thanks all :)
I don't want to cause any more distress for you guys but I had nice two hour ride today :D
First service booked after Easter :love-struck: 9 days to go... I hope I don't have to hold back as there is only 1000km left before first service has to be done, that is just only 111km per day :hopelessness::rolleyes:

hello, piss off. :)

Not really, southern Finland is blocked from rest of the country. Restaurants and bars are closed and of course human contact should be avoided but that's about it :)

Last edited:
Got this from my dealer in an email today in relation to COVID-19 situation (Seems standard BMW UK issue):

Warranty Validity with an Overdue Service

Any BMW motorcycle which was due a service on or after 14th March 2020 will not affect its warranty policy cover by becoming overdue during the current crisis period.

For any BMW motorcycle that is due a 600 mile running-in service during this period we have extended the mileage allowance to 1,200 miles.

**Just thought I'd share with you all as useful info.**

Last edited:
Personally if mine was due it?s first service and I was still riding it (personally I think that would be stupid because if you crashed you?d be put on a ward full of corona virus positive people), then I?d change my oil and filter at 600 miles. 1200 miles is toooooo long. J

Back