S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats everyones thoughts on the Hockenheim Silver?? I see on the configurator it looks quite menacing....although I guess most are ordering M Sports

I changed my order from the M Sport to the Sport with PP for the Hockenheim Silver as I think it looks awesome (plus very little between the two bikes once PP added)

I ordered mine today and according to the specs the Sport has slide control, we were looking at adding the PP and the difference was lithium battery and Forged wheels but the slide control was listed under the standard spec on the sport

In summary and what�s been confirmed with my dealer as I changed my order from M Sport to Sport with Performance Package aside from obvious colour differences are;

M Seat
Carbon Wheels
Slide Control

Ie the Sport with PP will have

Normal Seat
Forged Wheels
NO Slide Control

Hope that clears confusion and obvs I think there are differing opinions on this but I will go with my dealer!

I ordered mine today and according to the specs the Sport has slide control, we were looking at adding the PP and the difference was lithium battery and Forged wheels but the slide control was listed under the standard spec on the sport

Did you check this with your dealer? Mine says otherwise but it’s not a biggie for me. I wouldn’t know what to do with slide control if I do get it so it’s just a bonus if my dealer is wrong!

Yes sat with their ordering and spec books and had the showroom manager and one of the execs double check

My dealer told me this week that the current problem with supply is down to a third party component, do not know what exactly, he did not elaborate and I didnt ask. Apparently batches have been arriving at bmw and many are being rejected for quality reasons. �It�s getting better� was his comment and he was hopeful dates would start getting pulled forward.

Local dealer told me it was due to the carbon wheels being of poor quality, still debating whether to order one after my tyco treatment. But after a fair few electric issues of my 1299s over the last 3 years debating whether to just get a gixer thou and ride the fecka

Well,,,,,,,,,,my mate and I put our deposits down in March. He's got fed up and gone and bought the new Aprillia.
Spoke to my dealer this week who said could be getting some more bikes for November but more than likely mine will be next year.
I've warned him the bike shows looming and I'm chomping at the bit :ambivalence::ambivalence:

How is the Aprilla,? I see the prices have dropped to around £18k ish !

Local dealer told me it was due to the carbon wheels being of poor quality, still debating whether to order one after my tyco treatment. But after a fair few electric issues of my 1299s over the last 3 years debating whether to just get a gixer thou and ride the fecka

You shouldn't let your previous BMW experience put you off another one. Your issue was down to a bad dealer. Go for the BMW, but just avoid the cowboys that ruined your Tyco.

You shouldn't let your previous BMW experience put you off another one. Your issue was down to a bad dealer. Go for the BMW, but just avoid the cowboys that ruined your Tyco.

I know, but my local dealer Ocean Falmouth are 5 minutes away and they are part of a Grevan franchise, the nearest after them is Dick Lovett Bristol. Also being offered £13k on my 1299s as part ex is misery. Although that seems to be the trade in across the board. Best deal I've been offered is £14.5 on a 2020 R1M or Honda SP2

He's only done a couple of hundred miles on it but so far no regrets. Yep he paid around that and also got an end can thrown in. He rang dealer on Thursday and collected it on the Tuesday.

Is that the 1100 factory, thought it came with a Akraprovic can,?

So I can gather changing to a full system causes engine management light to come on

I know, but my local dealer Ocean Falmouth are 5 minutes away and they are part of a Grevan franchise, the nearest after them is Dick Lovett Bristol. Also being offered £13k on my 1299s as part ex is misery. Although that seems to be the trade in across the board. Best deal I've been offered is £14.5 on a 2020 R1M or Honda SP2

I know how you feel about having to travel miles for a dealer. That was a big part of what made me chose the BMW, as they are only a 2.5 hour ferry journey, and an hour down a nice road to get to for me. Next nearest dealer would be another 2 hours down the road to Perth or Aberdeen.

The SP2 would be a good buy I'd imagine they would hold there value pretty well. I'm a bit biased though, as my pride and joy is an original SP1! Don't think I'll ever prt with it!

I know how you feel about having to travel miles for a dealer. That was a big part of what made me chose the BMW, as they are only a 2.5 hour ferry journey, and an hour down a nice road to get to for me. Next nearest dealer would be another 2 hours down the road to Perth or Aberdeen.

The SP2 would be a good buy I'd imagine they would hold there value pretty well. I'm a bit biased though, as my pride and joy is an original SP1! Don't think I'll ever prt with it!

I've just seen Stornoway …

It's nice to see that now BMW have f*cked their customers by a delivery system that would shame even Aprilia they can actually sell their Demo (which with normal supply & demand is a loss leader) as the bike is 2nd hand sell them at a premium over new list. Rybrook Wolvo have a Sport with a few extras on that they want 21K for. Everyone with an order in the pipeline and have been waiting months for should get their deposit back & tell them where to go.....

It's nice to see that now BMW have f*cked their customers by a delivery system that would shame even Aprilia they can actually sell their Demo (which with normal supply & demand is a loss leader) as the bike is 2nd hand sell them at a premium over new list. Rybrook Wolvo have a Sport with a few extras on that they want 21K for. Everyone with an order in the pipeline and have been waiting months for should get their deposit back & tell them where to go.....

Rang them Monday trying to get a deal on a M-Sport, there is/was a delivery slot for end of March. Salesman said about that Sport which was there demo has over £3k of accessories, but would not give me a decent price on my 1299s !!

I'm going into dealers next weekend and changing from the M to the Race package in Silver.
Going to sort my own suspension out at a later date.
God knows where I'll be in the line now !!

Ordered my 2019 Sport on the first day of the NEC show. Bike has now been built (yesterday) and left the factory. Expected delivery week 39 (2 weeks).

Back