S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't think the wheels are the problem-my replacement arrived extremely quickly!

Told by my dealer today that cracked carbon wheels is a new one to them, hadn't heard of it and no customers have had issues. Infact they said the gen4 has been great in that no bikes back in for warranty issues to deal with, only the 600 mile running in service. The oil cooler recall is a bit of a bad joke, items on backorder ffs, so will wait to hear on that one.

Thanks, I'm tempted but still very much in love with my current bike. Perhaps I should arrange a test ride with my dealer.

What are the key difference between the S1000RR Sport and M Sport aside from the carbon wheels?

Thanks, I'm tempted but still very much in love with my current bike. Perhaps I should arrange a test ride with my dealer.

What are the key difference between the S1000RR Sport and M Sport aside from the carbon wheels?
if Sport has perf pack, then only the paint scheme and wheels.

Last edited:
AFAIK the frame is different on the M to accommodate the adjustable swing arm.

That’s my understanding as well. The frame around the swingarm pivot looks visibly different on the M Sport when compared to the standard model.

That is interesting...seems an utter waste of manufacturing time and resources to build different frames.

But hey ho...

- Alex

That is why most of the race teams are buying the M Sport, with the gen 3 bikes they bought the base model and junked the suspension etc as they plan to replace a lot anyway but on the gen 4 if you want the ability to adjust the swing arm it Has to be the M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I've not got one to look at but it all looks the same on both bikes frame-wise. (Shrug, I've no axe to grind)

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 14.17.42.jpg

880825bc-19e0-40a2-aba8-9d1e74c2c259_BMW_S1000RR_19_Slip-on_Pro-Race_PRI_1-m_m_y-BMW-S1000RR-M-P.jpg

I've always had Red bikes, so I do fancy the Red. But then again, if not that much difference in price in the grand scheme of things then perhaps better to go for M Sport model.

And what's this about the Gen 4 not sounding as good as the Gen 3? Is it because of the EU exhaust regulations that they have been tamed down a little?

S1000RR 2019 M-Package Suspension.JPG

The instructions are above for adjusting the swingarm height (come in handy for my 27inch legs).
The content mentions that this function is available on the Race Package and M Package.

I've always had Red bikes, so I do fancy the Red. But then again, if not that much difference in price in the grand scheme of things then perhaps better to go for M Sport model.

And what's this about the Gen 4 not sounding as good as the Gen 3? Is it because of the EU exhaust regulations that they have been tamed down a little?
That's 2k diff. You can get OZ racing wheels for these moneys.

The instructions are above for adjusting the swingarm height (come in handy for my 27inch legs).
The content mentions that this function is available on the Race Package and M Package.

Thanks Jase, looks like the frame is the same but the fittings differ.

And it was written in the picture from the configurator earlier.

Last edited:
What's the difference here? Other than value etc. They are listed in the same section of the configurator on the same bike (Red Sport) and if you add both they definitely add the cost of both. Does the latter include the wheels?

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 16.04.13.png

Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 16.04.20.png

You can have the full carbon package as an option on the msport so I do not think that includes the carbon wheels. I think its just more carbon bits tbh. I also did a standard sport with added forged wheels and could add the full carbon package.

I'd love the break down of bits in each one. I suspect they have overlap and so you only need the Full One to have all of it on the Red Sport.

View attachment 4792

I sent this screenshot to my BMW dealer and they came back to me today confirming (for what it worth) that RR Sport model with a performance pack (which is called Race package in BMW marketing spiel) comes with adjustable swingarm pivot and ride height.

Last edited:
View attachment 4792

I was at the NEC at the Abba Lift stand. They had the adapter kit for the standard Gen 4 but not the M. Don't get caught out thinking the kit will fit both.

Latest posts

Back