S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll give it a try. Can only win I guess :)

Personally,I would be happy knowing I was one of only 4 customers bikes presently on the road in the UK,especially when you will only be without your bike for a day whilst the dealer swaps the engine.

Personally,I would be happy knowing I was one of only 4 customers bikes presently on the road in the UK,especially when you will only be without your bike for a day whilst the dealer swaps the engine.
I am. 100%, but I can chance my arm and if it works out that would be perfect, but if they say no then I will be just as happy :)

I can see your point but the only bikes they have will be registered bmw uk press bikes and if you did manage to get an unregistered one,it would be at the expense of one of us who are waiting!

So,thanks in advance from one of the rest of us.LOL

I can see your point but the only bikes they have will be registered bmw uk press bikes and if you did manage to get an unregistered one,it would be at the expense of one of us who are waiting!

So,thanks in advance from one of the rest of us.LOL
That is actually a fair and valid point that I haven’t considered. I won’t ask for a new bike but will make myself damn clear to my dealer in terms of quality of work. :)

That is actually a fair and valid point that I haven’t considered. I won’t ask for a new bike but will make myself damn clear to my dealer in terms of quality of work. :)

And make sure they give you the demo bike whilst they do yours(and run it in for you if it's raining!).

BMW UK called me today. Basically confirming all rumors and BMW HQ’s statement. 1 in 3 bikes manufactured in May are effed. On top of that one of their suppliers can’t cope with the demand. Dealers have all received appropriate communications and are instructed to relay to customers effective immediately.

BMW UK called me today. Basically confirming all rumors and BMW HQ’s statement. 1 in 3 bikes manufactured in May are effed. On top of that one of their suppliers can’t cope with the demand. Dealers have all received appropriate communications and are instructed to relay to customers effective immediately.

Sorry that you/your bike is in this position, but I thank you for keeping us updated. I’m awaiting to hear from my dealer.

I'd *love* to hear from my dealer. Or BMW. Anyone who has the stones to tell me when my bike will actually be delivered, so I can arrange a replacement for my booked August holiday.

I emailed my dealer today asking what the crack was, he wasn't sure but told me they were getting a press release from BMW this week so would see what's happening.

I've spent ?1500 on parts for the new bike but to be honest I'll be pretty pissed if I'm not getting my bike mid July. Maybe to the point of not bothering and cutting my losses on selling the parts.....hmm...

What really gets me is I wasn?t putting a deposit on nothing. BMW showed 2 bikes at the NEC as if they were normal motorbikes available any day now, please buy our bikes.
I agreed to pay 20k for one and 7 months later no one will take my calls.

What really gets me is I wasn’t putting a deposit on nothing. BMW showed 2 bikes at the NEC as if they were normal motorbikes available any day now, please buy our bikes.
I agreed to pay 20k for one and 7 months later no one will take my calls.
I really don’t want to be an asshole, but the Customer Service Manager of BMW UK said earlier ‘realistically most customers won’t get their motorcycles this year’. But then again I wasn’t supposed to get mine before September either ... so there’s always that.

This guy is extremely nice and competent by the way. Maybe worth addressing him directly for any queries.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]BMW Group[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]United Kingdom[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ben Perry[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Customer Service Manager - BMW Motorrad UK[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Customer Service[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Summit ONE[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Summit Avenue, Farnborough[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hampshire, GU14 0FB[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Tel : +44 (0) 1252 920000[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Email : [email protected][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Web : http://www.bmw.co.uk[/FONT][/FONT]

Okay lads.... my bike is currently in the 1000km service and ... drumroll .... IT IS NOT AFFECTED. The milling machines emboss either one, two or three dots on the engine casing depending on which milling machine. 3 dots = bike is fucked and mine has only two.

So, if you want another engine later just stick a 3rd dot on it,?

- Alex
Looks like it haha. Looks like BMW wasn’t able to reliably tell whether my bike was affected without taking a look at the engine casing. So much stress and anger for nothing

Looks like it haha. Looks like BMW wasn?t able to reliably tell whether my bike was affected without taking a look at the engine casing. So much stress and anger for nothing
This sounds so ridiculous. Surely they note engine no. and which machine milled it.

Wow , but great to hear it?s good news for you. I?m very envious you get to enjoy your bike whilst everyone else is waiting ! It does make me wonder if they will sort it out quicker than rumours had suggested now they are getting on top of the problem?

Last edited:
Okay lads.... my bike is currently in the 1000km service and ... drumroll .... IT IS NOT AFFECTED. The milling machines emboss either one, two or three dots on the engine casing depending on which milling machine. 3 dots = bike is fucked and mine has only two.
Excellent news, pleased for you.

Back