S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noxx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

thought it'd be cool to have a delivery thread for the new S1000RR. My dealer called me yesterday. He's got my machine and I will be able to collect it on Tuesday. I will post pictures and possibly videos then!

Anyone else out there?

noxx

Possibly. My order was definitely the first and until recently the only one in Ireland (according to my dealer), but the order volume for the M Sport in Ireland is a joke anyway.. it's less than 5. I can't wait though... not sure how I am going to cope with the long weekend without that bike haha
You may be the first customer delivery? Look forward to seeing it!

This could be the most depressing thread ever while we all wait for ours to arrive ��

Nipped into BMW Balderston in Pboro this evening for a quick look over their M Sport which had a sold sign on it, the senior sales guy drifted over for a chat (and offer of a test ride) and told me they'd had two in for launch but had allocated one to the customer who'd put in the first order as his was overdue which I thought was decent of him. It's certainly a smart bit of kit but I thought it was quite understated to look at in the flesh and you have to look closely to see the weave in the wheels - I can see quite a lot of carbon kits being sold.

Nipped into BMW Balderston in Pboro this evening for a quick look over their M Sport which had a sold sign on it, the senior sales guy drifted over for a chat (and offer of a test ride) and told me they'd had two in for launch but had allocated one to the customer who'd put in the first order as his was overdue which I thought was decent of him. It's certainly a smart bit of kit but I thought it was quite understated to look at in the flesh and you have to look closely to see the weave in the wheels - I can see quite a lot of carbon kits being sold.

The new bike is too small for you and your missus mac? Or you thinking she might need to get the bus lol.

Last edited:
The official line is ‘you can’t have one as I can’t go on the back, although I suppose you could have 2 bikes if you ‘get’ more money’. To be fair to her she really liked the gen3 but I’ll be sticking with what I’ve got for the time being unless someone brings out a grab rail for the gen4....

The official line is ?you can?t have one as I can?t go on the back, although I suppose you could have 2 bikes if you ?get? more money?. To be fair to her she really liked the gen3 but I?ll be sticking with what I?ve got for the time being unless someone brings out a grab rail for the gen4....
https://japan.webike.net/products/22876091.html

How about this?

Hi guys,
just a quick update: I HAVE MY BIKE!!!! Picked it up this morning. It's the M Sport :)
Will post some pictures later today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
noxx

Hi guys,
just a quick update: I HAVE MY BIKE!!!! Picked it up this morning. It's the M Sport :)

Cheers,
noxx

Congratulations, nothing better than a new bike, saw Mr Neeves on an M Sport this morning close to where I live, they do look (and sound) really good

Hi guys,

Cheers,
noxx

You make me sick, don't want to see your stupid pictures. :disgust:

As promised, a couple photos of the bike. Nothing fancy and definitely low quality, but I'd like to get some things done before she gets to see the road on a daily basis (Ceramic coating, radiator guards etc). I've had this bike for about 10 hours now and have ridden her for maybe 3 and here's what I think so far.

It's absolutely vicious, even in rain mode and below 9k RPM. Gen 4 is not as 'nice and friendly' as the Gen 3 was. That being said, the handling is out of this world. Definitely feels like a 600 in terms of handling. Everything feels very premium and I am extremely happy so far. Quick shifter works great, neutral is a bit hard to hit (shifter is very! sensitive). The M Sport comes with Metzeler Racetec RR K3, which are absolutely unsuitable for Irish roads imho; will switch to Pirelli Angel GT's for Ireland and use the Racetec for my trips to Spain etc

Will post some more pictures and updates later on.

Bottom line: The wait is definitely worth it.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
Back