S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in myself yesterday and seen it

I wasn't doubting you, just amazed that Vines, Barnstormers, Douglas Park and a few other 2019 demo bikes have been cashed. Seems like a lot. Not the bikes fault, just seems a lot.

I was in myself yesterday and seen it

I wasn't doubting you, just amazed that Vines, Barnstormers, Douglas Park and a few other 2019 demo bikes have been cashed. Seems like a lot. Not the bikes fault, just seems a lot.

I was meaning maybe I seen you too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bike is due to arrive today or monday at the dealership.

I think the supply is now starting to flow better, there are 4 bikes on my shipment.

It almost seems that BMW are "plate spinning" as a company. They are two separate entities I know but with all their recent new car launches and new WLTP rules they have definitely put the motorcycle part on the backburner.

Conversation with dealer last Friday along the lines of ?guess it?s going to be next year now then......? Informed this morning that my M is now in the shop and will be delivered to me early next week!

Picking my M sport up on Saturday! out of the blue... even seems to have taken the dealers by surprise. They had 2 delivered today i'm told.

My bike (Sport with performance pack, ordered Nov '18) was originally June, then July, then September, then July, then August - now last Friday was told November!

Is there hope for me yet!?

I've lost track of delivery dates I've had that many🤣
I ordered in January with a June delivery date, that changed a couple of times then I was told there was a definite build date and I'd have it the beginning of July, sold my current RR a couple of weeks before this to fund the new one and days later was told it's now due the last week in December so I've postponed it until March now. BMW are now giving me a bike to use for the rest of the summer so can't fault them for that.

Yes my dealer had 2 delivered - seemingly out of the blue. My original order was placed early Feb for early June delivery, then delayed to August, then the BMW letter of doom suggested otherwise, then it arrives.

Maybe this provides a ray of hope to other brassed-off people on the forum waiting for theirs.

I ordered in November last year. I also got the same letter a couple of weeks and then the bike shows up out of the blue today. Oh well, still some of the summer left to enjoy it and got the ?500 voucher to spend on bling.

I hope you all get yours soon too.

I thought BMW were supposed to be fulfilling orders on a date placed basis, country by country. My order was November 2018, the week before NEC. I can see NI and Scotland orders arriving first, maybe, but Feb?

Naturally I?m happy with my lot, but only BMW can explain their delivery selection process. Apparently I was one of the 1st orders placed at my chosen dealer. Suspect it?s like going to the bar in a place where the barman doesn?t care for the natural order of who?s been waiting longest.

I thought BMW were supposed to be fulfilling orders on a date placed basis, country by country. My order was November 2018, the week before NEC. I can see NI and Scotland orders arriving first, maybe, but Feb?

Maybe the Scotland and NI orders were placed first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever NI and Scotland orders were placed, BMW uk said in THE LETTER (itself delayed a month by my dealer) that they were allocating deliveries based on when orders were placed.
Except when they feel like it, if you ordered in Feb.

If mine doesn't come in the next 3 weeks I have to cancel the order and someone else jumps up a place in the queue.

Back