S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sour note taste to a new launch. I'd be unhappy if I was waiting, so glad I chose to stick with the Gen3 for at least 12 more months.

Makes easier to justify buying new mods for Gen3 as well [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I'm still kind of happy and hoping this production issue is the reason for the SBK and TT problems as it would be good to know the engine is capable of being tuned up safety and there's a decent safety zone for normal thrashing. I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact we would have to wait until a next generation model before that would be the case so I'd prefer it to be this way.

More updates from the German S1000RR Forum: BMW Dealers are 'confiscating' already delivered bikes by means of not servicing them for the run in check, refusing to remove the limiter and threats of voiding warranty if owners should not 'surrender' their bikes / continue to ride them against BMW's recommendation.

Wow, this stuff seems to be serious. Still no word from my dealer and/or BMW UK.

I?ve not had any response from the email I sent but it?s probably a bit early to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this email from my dealer:

Hi [noxx],

There is campaign coming for your bike but as of yet we have not received the relevant information. I can carry out your first service on Thursday are you going to wait while we do it?

Kindest regards,

Hmmm

Asked them what 'campaign coming' means.

Hi [noxx],

It means BMW have put a delivery stop on all S1000RR so we cannot deliver any more however they have not asked us to get any bikes delivered back. I can see on the system that there is a repair being issued for your bike but at present it just says more information will follow soon.

I can carry out the service at 08.30 or 11.00 on the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] service time will be roughly 2 hrs including tyre fitting.

Kindest regards,

Good your still looking in now and again Davy...if you fancy a wee run give us a shout...we done Mallaig/Skye a few weeks ago... fantastic day out...me and my mate had an idea to head up to lewis...

Apologies for the hijack in advance !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Cheers Stuart, aye defo need to get out mate, weathers been pish so it has... that's a cracking run not done that in years. Lewis now that's a run

Heads up, the council have been trying there best to ruin the summer, as usual, and had a big chip and spray campaign across Lewis and Harris. Been told they are doing a good job of sweeping up, but that might of just been for the midge biters rally that was on at the weekend. I'll be home in a day or 2 and check it out.

Jimmy Mac has had not bad service off them, their the closest dealer to him.... service dept seem fair.....

You used them at all ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Used them for years, yup good service from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the lads in the German S1000RR got it confirmed from BMW Germany. Worldwide delivery stop until further notice.

Already delivered bikes will either have to be sent back to the plant in Berlin or the dealer gets a new engine that they will then use to do a simple swap.

Simple?! :eek:

Christ on a bike someone is getting fired.

Mostly gutted cause I poured the expensive 300V in my bike and my limiter is getting removed on Thursday. Gonna have to buy new 300V and put another 1000 km on my yoke. Fml

Heads up, the council have been trying there best to ruin the summer, as usual, and had a big chip and spray campaign across Lewis and Harris. Been told they are doing a good job of sweeping up, but that might of just been for the midge biters rally that was on at the weekend. I'll be home in a day or 2 and check it out.

Nightmare.. tar and scatter... cheapest way to recover a road .. terrify local bikers

One of the lads in the German S1000RR got it confirmed from BMW Germany. Worldwide delivery stop until further notice.

Already delivered bikes will either have to be sent back to the plant in Berlin or the dealer gets a new engine that they will then use to do a simple swap.

Wow!

On a related note I spent another few hours testing the GSA and XR yesterday lunch time! Whilst the delay is gutting, Bahnstormers has been awesome in trying to keep me from depression by offering a brand new bike until the RR gets here! I'd decided on the XR after trying the GSA again as I wanted something that could travel and handle the odd bit of track action but the XR I tried yesterday buzzed my hands and elbows numb and then at higher revs this stopped and it made my foot numb! I dont mind dealing with this stuff on a track bike but if it's supposed to get me across Europe its not acceptable. I'm now considering the GSA again just for the experience and forgetting about any track action? first world problems but I can't make my mindup??

Wow!

On a related note I spent another few hours testing the GSA and XR yesterday lunch time! Whilst the delay is gutting, Bahnstormers has been awesome in trying to keep me from depression by offering a brand new bike until the RR gets here! I'd decided on the XR after trying the GSA again as I wanted something that could travel and handle the odd bit of track action but the XR I tried yesterday buzzed my hands and elbows numb and then at higher revs this stopped and it made my foot numb! I dont mind dealing with this stuff on a track bike but if it's supposed to get me across Europe its not acceptable. I'm now considering the GSA again just for the experience and forgetting about any track action? first world problems but I can't make my mindup??

What MY is the XR? I thought the fixed it in 2017

It's a new one with 750 miles. The guys at Bahnstormers and also discussions I have read online say that it eases with mileage but I've also heard that it's just luck of the draw with the bike and that some are bad and some are fine. Someone suggested the clipon weights get torqued too high and this affects it adversely. The one I demo'd last week had 1500 miles and hardly any buzzing so it might be the case.

Last edited:
wow!

On a related note i spent another few hours testing the gsa and xr yesterday lunch time! Whilst the delay is gutting, bahnstormers has been awesome in trying to keep me from depression by offering a brand new bike until the rr gets here! I'd decided on the xr after trying the gsa again as i wanted something that could travel and handle the odd bit of track action but the xr i tried yesterday buzzed my hands and elbows numb and then at higher revs this stopped and it made my foot numb! I dont mind dealing with this stuff on a track bike but if it's supposed to get me across europe its not acceptable. I'm now considering the gsa again just for the experience and forgetting about any track action? First world problems but i can't make my mindup??

k1300s?

Back