S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those going for the Sport, are you also going for the performance pack?
I?m trying to work out whether it?s worth it. Having not seen the forged wheels you get with it, it?s not easy to make the choice. Does the size of the wheel change? I think the Sport is 190 and M Sport is 200. What about the forged wheels?

I was also told makes no difference whether M Sport or Sport with PP in terms of delivery....the bikes come when they come!

Am good with it as I know it will be 100% worth the wait

Absolutely right - it?ll be 100% worth the wait, as frustrating as that is.

For those going for the Sport, are you also going for the performance pack?

I'm not.

I?m trying to work out whether it?s worth it. Having not seen the forged wheels you get with it, it?s not easy to make the choice.

It shouldn't matter to you whether others are getting the performance pack. If you were getting the base model as a road bike, the fact that nobody else is would point to the fact that you would have rocks in your head. However, the difference between standard battery and wheels and the performance pack is far more of a balanced choice for most. N.B. the overall weight difference between the wheels is minimal as the standard 'design' alloys have lighter discs to compensate.

If you want to see what the forged wheels look like, speak to your local dealer and ask if their demo or showroom bikes have them.

Does the size of the wheel change? I think the Sport is 190 and M Sport is 200. What about the forged wheels?

AFAIK, no but the size of the tyres fitted does. AFAIK (again) tyres are 200 for M Sport and forged wheels, and 190 for standard (design) wheels. Apparently with the previous generation there was a potential traction control issue if you fitted tyres with a different width than your bike was configured for. No idea whether this is an issue with Gen4.

AFAIK, no but the size of the tyres fitted does. AFAIK (again) tyres are 200 for M Sport and forged wheels, and 190 for standard (design) wheels. Apparently with the previous generation there was a potential traction control issue if you fitted tyres with a different width than your bike was configured for. No idea whether this is an issue with Gen4.

There were no issues with TC in previous models.

On the gen3,the ecu had to be programmed by the dealer for 200 or 190 tyre sizes as it did affect the DTC.
The gen4 also needs the ecu programmed if tyre size is changed.

On the gen3,the ecu had to be programmed by the dealer for 200 or 190 tyre sizes as it did affect the DTC.
The gen4 also needs the ecu programmed if tyre size is changed.
It didn't in practice, at least at the level of average Joe.

You have a lot of patience!!! I'd be wanting out on it as soon as it was ready!!!
Enjoy it when you get it.

Thanks. I just dont have the time to get out on bikes much during school holidays, September is better and often the weather is better too!

Thanks. I just dont have the time to get out on bikes much during school holidays, September is better and often the weather is better too!

You have waited this long; a few more days and you get a ?69? after the school holidays.....could you have played this one any better???

Well,,,,,,,,,,my mate and I put our deposits down in March. He's got fed up and gone and bought the new Aprillia.
Spoke to my dealer this week who said could be getting some more bikes for November but more than likely mine will be next year.
I've warned him the bike shows looming and I'm chomping at the bit :ambivalence::ambivalence:

I honestly don?t get why it?ll be November before more come through.
I?d love to know what the production rate and current backlog is.

It?ll be worth the wait, I?m sure, but what are they playing at??

My dealer told me this week that the current problem with supply is down to a third party component, do not know what exactly, he did not elaborate and I didnt ask. Apparently batches have been arriving at bmw and many are being rejected for quality reasons. ?It?s getting better? was his comment and he was hopeful dates would start getting pulled forward.

Whats everyones thoughts on the Hockenheim Silver?? I see on the configurator it looks quite menacing....although I guess most are ordering M Sports

Back