Fantastic economy after tuning.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkgsxr

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Done some checking while on busy police filled dual carriageway/motorway

At 60mph it's doing 77mpg. That's better than most touring bikes

It decreases with speed but not much.

70mph - 73mpg
75mph - 68mpg
90mph 60mpg.

Am I the only one that thinks there absolute misers on petrol.

Even flying around country roads it's like 45-50 mpg average

Yeah just averaged 48mpg for a weekend away to Skye,no motorways or dual carriageway. Plenty fast overtakes,hard acceleration etc great economy for a sports bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fuel range increased by 52 miles a tank after a reflash. Same day, much more aggressively ridden on the way back enjoying the 'tune' but 52 miles more range than when going there (I had 1 mile of range left). Same fuel, journey, etc.

all my years of riding never once asked or checked on fuel economy just fill and ride it will use what it does

I used to be like that. Never checked but when it's on the dash and you can know within a 30 seconds on a flat road it done it for a experiment. I just knew it was good. And better after I got the tuning ironed out

Done some checking while on busy police filled dual carriageway/motorway

At 60mph it's doing 77mpg. That's better than most touring bikes

It decreases with speed but not much.

70mph - 73mpg
75mph - 68mpg
90mph 60mpg.

Am I the only one that thinks there absolute misers on petrol.

Even flying around country roads it's like 45-50 mpg average
Hey dude , ive a single R on a 2014 plate I am no where near fast and I only get 40mpg ? am I riding it wrong or incorect gears ? Thanks

I dont know. Taller gearing more power?

Get the bike dynoed and see. I know yamahas see a big jump in mpg if tuned properly.

But mpg is never my aim I just ride away

It's all about the environment its ridden in - in town it's going to be 40's max. Naked is less fuel efficient due to drag, so will never get the same numbers at speed as the RR.

The r also has shorter gear ratios and less bhp so using the full rpm range is more likely more of the time.

Back