Do you dangle leg into the turn?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no probably about it ;)

I was trying to be polite! It?s always entertaining following someone on track who is trying to do it when you are instructing them. They would be far quicker if they just concentrated on getting their corner entry right!

Makes me cringe when I see it being used for no reason but I did get to a point on the R6 where I was braking hard enough that the back end would whip out sideways as I turned in and it was a natural thing to let the inside foot off to counter the weight shift. I'm certainly no where near BSB speeds but I was getting very strong on the brakes so it felt justified. The BMW feels like a big old lump to be riding in that way so difficult to see it ever happening.

Only ever done it once on the road. Misjudged the entry speed into a roundabout on a blade and the rear wheel was way in the air and the back end was going left, i.e the bike was pivoting around the headstock. Just felt like a natural thing to do to get the rear end back into line. Worked thankfully.... That would be the only time I'd think it's useful.

Back