2D Front Sensor on the road....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Finally got around to fitting my 2D front sensor to my mainly road use 2015 S1000RR.

I have to say after a few rides, it is worth it even on the road in my humble opinion.

With added rebound damping compared to compression on the front, it feels like there's a hell of a lot more grip on the front. So in other words it's boosted the front end confidence greatly.

As with all things, it's highlighted my previously lovely rear suspension as needing attention. I previously went up on rear spring rate but the rear feels like it now uses a different algorithm once the front sensor is fitted. It now feels much stiffer. So time to play with springs, sag, damping etc.

I haven't done my final tweeking but only lost a tiny bit of lock. Mounted the provided rubber blocks behind the forks on the frame instead of in front of the forks if that makes sense. I just need to cut away my radiator guard slightly to give full lock and be able to use the steering lock.

Jamie

Yes, I have had the same experience with mine.

FYI, if you use a round file, you can carefully open out the radiator shroud and get back the full steering movement without the need for the rubber lock restrictors, I can use the steering lock on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, totally agree. I just wanted to try it out..... ;)

I have a HP4 Race bodywork kit to fit, Forged HP4 Wheels, some mods like IAT relocation, rear shock swap out, service etc, so thought I'd make a proper job of cutting the EvoTech radiator protector at the same time. J

Back