Coming over from the green side

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Euro side.
What are the strengths of the ZX10RR out of the crate?
What are you looking forward to most about switching over?

- Alex

Hi Alex
Personally I think with the 2017/18 rr it was just the lighter wheels and the factory blipper, but with the 2019 model there?s also the lighter rods allowing the engine to spin up quicker and higher
Mine is just the green and black krt colour scheme zx10r
Just a fresh change I think, possibly, the lighter, more flickable feeling ??
And the heated grips 😊
I?ve had my zx10 35 months and done 22k, all great fun around the mid wales roads
The bit I?m not looking forward too is paying for a dealer to service my bike. I?ve done everything since the 600 mile service on this, valve clearances included
Mark

Hi Mark, don’t know if you’ve ridden an S1K yet but you’ll find it has a noticeably stronger mid range than the ZX10 and, if you’re tall, a roomier riding position that’s kinder on your wrists.

If you do the servicing on your ZX10, the S1000RR is no worse. Just need a GS-911 to check out various faults. You probably had a similar tool for your ZX10. J

The last one I rode was the gen 1 when it first came about. Tried ordering one but got messed about by the dealer and ended up with another gsxr instead
Current dealer is Kawasaki and bmw, they?ve been fine with any warranty work with my zx10 being self serviced but have warned me that it will not be the same with bmw
Hence three years of dealer servicing

Welcome to the forum Mark and congratulations on your Gen 4 order!

What Gen 4 model have you gone for and what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you when your new steed arrives [emoji41]

- Oli

Hi Oli
I?ve gone for the m sport, couldn?t be doing with a red one
Living in Swansea, it?s just fast road riding round mid/west wales
My Zx10 will be three year old next month with 22k miles so far , so the bm will get plenty of use
Mark

Back