Gen 4 insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just been on a well known Insurance comparison site for a quote on my 2018 gen3. Came out at ?700. Not too bad.

As I've been contemplating buying an M sport gen 4 for a few days I thought I'd get a quote for that too. ?1950. Holy ****

It's a new bike, more power etc, but nearly 3 times the price of a less than 1 year old gen3?

Any thoughts? Anyone else had an insurance quote for one of these? At 46 years old a thought I was immune from ridiculous insurance quotes. Guess not.

I had similar. Best quote for my 2015 RR was ~?350. Best quote on confused.com for my 2019 RR is currently ~?1200 with a ?2k xs or ~?1530 with a ?600 xs. ?1200 quote was ~?970 a month ago. Hoping that quotes are high as it is largely a new bike with no risk history.

When I ordered my current gen 5 zx10 the quotes were horrendous compared to my current gsxr 1000. Watched them come down over the months till the bike arrived
Hopefully the same will happen with this bike

I’m going to be swapping my policy from my 1299S to the new bike so I’m hoping that there won’t be much difference

Off topic very slightly but I thought the launch price of the sport with M package was ?19150 yet on the website configurator they are stated at ?19700? My bad?

Try Ireland. On my 17 I get refused just over the bike not me. To quote "sorry as long as you own that bike we will not insure you"

I think I have 2 who will insure me. My latest renewal is about 850

When I had my RSV4 Factory APRC my last fully comp policy on it was ?120. When I bought a 16 plate gen 3 I had a 5 month adjustment cost of ?90. When I was up for renewal they (privilege) wanted ?900. I had been riding for 35 yrs until last August. Was halfway past a car on overtake when he decided to clean me out. Broken back Rodded & incomplete spinal injury .Lots of rehab/physio and a big case to get justice. I won't Road ride again & if I am lucky enough a trackday bike will do for me. It is madness to pay the quotes listed on here to ride something that you can only ride at 20% of its capability thanks to road conditions and the numerous knobhead car drivers. Plus you're lucky if you get 4 decent months a year to ride it in in this Country

When I had my RSV4 Factory APRC my last fully comp policy on it was ?120. When I bought a 16 plate gen 3 I had a 5 month adjustment cost of ?90. When I was up for renewal they (privilege) wanted ?900. I had been riding for 35 yrs until last August. Was halfway past a car on overtake when he decided to clean me out. Broken back Rodded & incomplete spinal injury .Lots of rehab/physio and a big case to get justice. I won't Road ride again & if I am lucky enough a trackday bike will do for me. It is madness to pay the quotes listed on here to ride something that you can only ride at 20% of its capability thanks to road conditions and the numerous knobhead car drivers. Plus you're lucky if you get 4 decent months a year to ride it in in this Country

Sorry to here your tale, I hope you make a good recovery mate. I've been riding as long as you (gulp) although I've had a few breaks from bikes along the way, I understand your position, fair play. I've moved off full on sports bikes and onto a naked and although the thing will shift if I want it to I'm also enjoying riding a bit more steadily and with my wet / winter gear on have used it in conditions I wouldn't have taken my S1K out in so you never know you might find a way back onto the road one day if you feel the need.
I've got my KTM insured for ?300 with BeMoto but in the interests of science just stuck my details into Go Compare against a new M Sport and it came back at ?640, which I guess isn't too bad compared with some of the quotes on this thread..

Sorry for your injury. Ack everything you say. I gave up riding in the UK for similar reasons and either do trackdays or ride in Alps only.

Thanks guys for your good cheer. Feel like I've hijacked a thread with my current disposition. I spent 4 months in hospital so I haven't even seen the road bike yet. Gather demo's are landing in dealers 1st June, So no doubt I'll stagger in with my Zimmer. Will feel like a Eunuch at an Orgy...........

My renewal is due on my zx10 next month, that?s coming at ?213. Done a quite for my forthcoming m sport and that came in at ?923
Chatting in my local dealer today, he?d been out putting miles on their demo, a sport model, yesterday

Sorry to here your tale, I hope you make a good recovery mate. I've been riding as long as you (gulp) although I've had a few breaks from bikes along the way, I understand your position, fair play. I've moved off full on sports bikes and onto a naked and although the thing will shift if I want it to I'm also enjoying riding a bit more steadily and with my wet / winter gear on have used it in conditions I wouldn't have taken my S1K out in so you never know you might find a way back onto the road one day if you feel the need.
I've got my KTM insured for ?300 with BeMoto but in the interests of science just stuck my details into Go Compare against a new M Sport and it came back at ?640, which I guess isn't too bad compared with some of the quotes on this thread..

Just to add, I then stuck in my details for a Sport which came back at ?516 and then a base model which came back at ?490...

I?m 52, road bikes since age 16, current Gen 3 renewal is ~?130 but M Sport is ~?400 (with no alarm). Seem to remember a similar jump from blade to Gen 2 then to Gen 3. Cheap(er) insurance one of the only benefits of becoming an old giffer!

Insured my 2016 RR for ?207 through Bemoto starting a week ago. Picking up the M Sport in two weeks time and it's cost me another ?337 on top to change. It's cheaper than what I was quoted on the comparison sites and those sites are now giving me higher prices than when I looked a few weeks ago.

Do you have to declare dealer options like rearsets to the insurance company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea what ye moaning about :D Try Ireland.. 13 years full license, never made a claim, no convictions, highest Axa rider assessment, CSS Levels 1-3 and one year no claims discount (didn't recognize my overseas years) and I pay 2500 Euro per year...

No idea what ye moaning about :D Try Ireland.. 13 years full license, never made a claim, no convictions, highest Axa rider assessment, CSS Levels 1-3 and one year no claims discount (didn't recognize my overseas years) and I pay 2500 Euro per year...

I'm guessing a lot of that is down to theft as per your previous post....sucks!

Back