Brake Bleed Valves

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
can someone recommend easy to use and quick to bleed valves ?

I see Marcel likes Speedbleeders, but I'm not sure I can get those in the UK.

I've used Russell bleed valves on Z1000 I had , the breaks were a right arse to bleed . The Russell bleed valves have a built in non return valve which made the bleeding a piece of piss :)

I have the bmw hp bleed valves (made by stahlbus, but cheaper through bmw). Work well.
I like stahlbus stuff; all my bikes have their oil plug valves too.

I have the bmw hp bleed valves (made by stahlbus, but cheaper through bmw). Work well.
I like stahlbus stuff; all my bikes have their oil plug valves too.

How do they work exactly ? You open them and they allow the flow one way only ?

If you are regularly changing brake fluid they just help make the process of brake bleeding quicker and easier.

I used the Draper brake bleed kit. It's a hose with non return and bottle to catch. Its like 15 quid and works amazing. Last bleed I'd always give it one squeeze the traditional way but iv never seen any extra bubbles come out.

I used the Draper brake bleed kit. It's a hose with non return and bottle to catch. Its like 15 quid and works amazing. Last bleed I'd always give it one squeeze the traditional way but iv never seen any extra bubbles come out.
Looks interesting actually.

I use the brake bleed kit from Halfords... 6 quid.. works perfectly well..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
bce3ecadbcdb96994b1041649f496531.jpg

Last edited:
A question, say you drained all liquid, how do you create initial bit of pressure after refilling the master cylinder? I tried to do it the other day by just pressing the lever many many times, but without external vacuum pump I couldn't force the liquid to flow.

Think you should avoid emptying the system completely...an airlock in the abs pump would be a headache...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

easiest way if you've got a dry system,is to push the fluid up from the left hand side caliper (sitting on bike) to get some fluid ion the system,also topping up the main res.then start by bleeding the m/c (always first thing to bleed),then left hand caliper,then right side.

*this is for non ABS,or ABS system removed*

Go to pharmacy. Get a 50ml syringe put some of the brake hose onto it and suck till you get fluid. Then go again with normal procedure.

Always pay attention to master cylinder nipple

Go to pharmacy. Get a 50ml syringe put some of the brake hose onto it and suck till you get fluid. Then go again with normal procedure.

Always pay attention to master cylinder nipple
Haha, I love the advise.

Might stick to vacuum pump for 13gbp.

When I did fluid change/caliper seals replacement I just bled the usual way (pipe and bottle) starting with the m/c. Opened all the taps and let gravity draw the fluid, nipped up the taps then used the lever. Had no probs at all.

Back