Repairs guesstimate?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Motorrad have quoted ?10.4k to sort it out. Frame damaged and the engine case itself is knackered so would need internals swapping to a whole new case. Write off :( Such stupidly slow speed as well. I guess there is a value to having those frame slider.....

It's in the hands of the insurance now.
Jeez.. that's nuts !... decision time now

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

So Motorrad have quoted ?10.4k to sort it out. Frame damaged and the engine case itself is knackered so would need internals swapping to a whole new case. Write off :( Such stupidly slow speed as well. I guess there is a value to having those frame slider.....

It's in the hands of the insurance now.

get paid out,and buy it back from the insurance(it'll be peanuts) you can then sell theparts and make a bit of money back

I wouldn't really have the time to part it out, although I have the skills. I am going to probably plump for a Gen 4, or a new 2018 since Park Lane have a couple of brand new ones going deliciously cheap.

Failing that I was thinking (probably gone insane) about a Z1000SX again.

Don’t make things worse by getting a 1000sx! I had a loan one while my bike was in for service, it was like stepping back 20 years and not in a good way, I know they’re popular but I thought it was just an old lump, there are much better options :)

I took the VFR800 out for a weekend to scratch that itch...it wasn't even worth a review.
Crap, throttle, brakes...so inert...

Haha yeah it's hard to go to something with less power. The ZX is about 140 but alot more torque. I prefer the S1000RR riding position though

Back