Michelin Road 5 Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will find one for you, do you want open clear view with smooth surface? Will be after harvest!

Thank you Phil, if the corner turns out to be anything like as impressive as the top secret jump location it’ll be epic! [emoji41]

Open with a clear view sounds roaringly splendid! [emoji851]

- Oli

no offence, I didnt mean to say anything about your skills, but it's a road tire not meant to have grip under heavy load.

metzler.jpg

vs.

pirelli.jpg

Not the first time I hear a Silverstone instructor telling me he can't be on gas early enough on rosso 3 (which is m7rr essentially) as it slides like hell.

theres heavy load and heavy load. i wouldnt dream of using m7rr's on track and thats the only place they would get heavy load. ( never used rosso so cannot compare) the m7rr are a road tyre imo and a heavy load on road isnt the same thing in my book. my mate was using his road bike at donny today running in novice group on his first track day and was getting the rear sliding out on the m7rr's he had fit but again hes never had that happen on the road, and hes a good average rider on road.

theres heavy load and heavy load. i wouldnt dream of using m7rr's on track and thats the only place they would get heavy load. ( never used rosso so cannot compare) the m7rr are a road tyre imo and a heavy load on road isnt the same thing in my book. my mate was using his road bike at donny today running in novice group on his first track day and was getting the rear sliding out on the m7rr's he had fit but again hes never had that happen on the road, and hes a good average rider on road.

I guess what I was trying to say, being playful with a bike on m7rr on road can end up bad.

Donny yday was amazing btw, but FE as usual fucked up with group allocations. Lots of slow/inexperienced guys were put in advanced group.
One guy low-sided his MV Agusta Dragster on Rosso II (read: M7RR) in the hairpin. Such a shame, nice motorbike.

I guess what I was trying to say, being playful with a bike on m7rr on road can end up bad.

Donny yday was amazing btw, but FE as usual fucked up with group allocations. Lots of slow/inexperienced guys were put in advanced group.
One guy low-sided his MV Agusta Dragster on Rosso II (read: M7RR) in the hairpin. Such a shame, nice motorbike.

it was a good day for us too apart fron the owner of the site wanting to have a raz around at lunch time messing up the whole lunch time. i didnt know you was there or i would have come to say hello, what garage was you in? i dont think i even saw another bmw on track but my day was cut short as my missis brakes failed so we left after the 5 session. Myself and missis were in group 3.
The Melbourne loop is renowned for lowsides and highsides as its off camber as you exit and people get on the gas too early as they didnt go in quick enough to carry better speed all the way through. (if that makes sence.lol)

Last edited:
it was a good day for us too apart fron the owner of the site wanting to have a raz around at lunch time messing up the whole lunch time. i didnt know you was there or i would have come to say hello, what garage was you in? i dont think i even saw another bmw on track but my day was cut short as my missis brakes failed so we left after the 5 session. Myself and missis were in group 3.
The Melbourne loop is renowned for lowsides and highsides as its off camber as you exit and people get on the gas too early as they didnt go in quick enough to carry better speed all the way through. (if that makes sence.lol)

I was in garage 15 - white BMW with a black tail. Was also in group 3. Didn't post on forum as thought not many people would day a quiet day.

Did you see a guy on KTM RC8 on track in group 3 ?

Last edited:
I was in garage 15 - white BMW with a black tail. Was also in group 3. Didn't post on forum as thought not many people would day a quiet day.

Did you see a guy on KTM RC8 on track in group 3 ?

that really fast one. lol. all over the bloody road too. i was giving him a really wide berth. tbh it was quite a slow fast group and i was expecting quite a few racers as nolimits are there this weekend. only 1 bike passed me all day and that was a cbr600 with number plate on and under seat exhaust. he was flying., dont know if he was a racer or instructor but i did see his bike in the instructors garages. :)

that really fast one. lol. all over the bloody road too. i was giving him a really wide berth. tbh it was quite a slow fast group and i was expecting quite a few racers as nolimits are there this weekend. only 1 bike passed me all day and that was a cbr600 with number plate on and under seat exhaust. he was flying., dont know if he was a racer or instructor but i did see his bike in the instructors garages. :)
Was he a block with number 15 on back in white/orange leathers ?

Which garage were you in?

Back